Hey everyone,
    I'm wondering if there is a way to change the main icons I have at the bottom of my screen. I certainly don't need two email boxes and it would be great to put something else there. Is there a way to change the number of icons? Like my myspace top friends? I can 4, 8 or 16...it's insane!
    05-30-08 07:40 AM
    -----

I think I counted 3 Icons that had to do with messages, calls, emails, all mixed together. I never have figured out what's the difference between them. But you can "hide" them from appearing onscreen. When they're all showing, go to one you want to hide and hit your Menu button to the left of the trackball and the hide option comes up. Just click it and it'll be hidden from view on the screen. If you hide, say, 4 of them, then when you hit "show all", those 4 will appear not in color, but black and white, so you'll know which ones are the "hidden ones". I don't yet know how to restore them to appear again as the others do.

-----
    05-30-08 09:02 AM
    Hey everyone,
    I'm wondering if there is a way to change the main icons I have at the bottom of my screen. I certainly don't need two email boxes and it would be great to put something else there. Is there a way to change the number of icons? Like my myspace top friends? I can 4, 8 or 16...it's insane!
    I think the number showing is theme related but you can change which ones show on the main screen by either hiding as mentioned, or moving them while on the Application screen where most are showing. Press the OPTION button, Select MOVE. Move left/right or up/down. Another way is to create folders (I am presuming that the curve has options to do this stuff like the 8830) and place things in folders. I've created a Games folder, Utilities folder and Mapping (gps) folder.
    05-30-08 10:21 AM
    cbmember: to make hidden icons reappear normally:
    • Menu/Showall
    • Select the grayed out icon you want to unhide
    • Menu/uncheck the "Hide" option.
    05-30-08 10:31 AM
    you can reorder your icons and the first five will be the ones on the home screen...

just highlight one and click menu>move

-db
    05-30-08 10:32 AM
    Awesome, this "Menu>move" solution worked great. Now if I could only put the icons where I wanted on the screen and could choose how many I have docked on the main screen.....
    05-30-08 11:22 AM
    Awesome, this "Menu>move" solution worked great. Now if I could only put the icons where I wanted on the screen and could choose how many I have docked on the main screen.....
    "Move" allows you to put them in any of the defined locations on the screen. I don't know any way to adjust the spacing between icons or change the underlying grid structure, except by using a different theme. You can create a folder and put icons in it that you don't want taking space on the main screen.
    05-30-08 11:25 AM
    -----

JeffH, thanks for the unhide tip....makes perfect sense....

-----
    05-30-08 01:22 PM
    Hello,

I downloaded a pink skull "today" theme to my BB 8330. I have tried waht was posted here to change my main screen icons, nothing seems to work. Is it because it is a "today" theme? On my main screen it has messages, which has compilied 2 email addresses and my texts into one icon, UGH!!!!!!!!, also calendar, media, and applications. I want it to go back to 2 seperate icons for my 2 emails, and another icon for my texts, the calendar icon is fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Tabby
    07-16-08 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD