Hey Guys!
    My phone's been acting cranky ever since I spilled water on it. The keys are messed up!! The red and the green buttons alternate with alphabets and the track ball does its own thing!!
    I called AT&T and they told me to check the white sticker on the battery and it had no pink or red line on it. I dono what the problem is.
    It's been a month since this happened. Miraculously, today when i tried working on my BB, the keys were acting perfectly fine. But after half hour, it went bk to its crazy self. But it keeps alternating and starts to work fine after few mins.
    What do i do?? Do i let it be for another few days or change the key pad/tracker ball??
    03-24-10 01:20 PM
    If you got it wet a month ago, it's too late to mitigate the damage. You can replace the keypad/trackball, but there may be other latent damage as well. If you have insurance, file a claim and get a replacement. Otherwise you have to consider the risk of spending money on a keypad, only to find something else failing later.
    03-24-10 01:33 PM
    I had a similar issue on my pearl (last phone) I found that a clean install of the OS cleared up some of the issues.
    03-24-10 02:10 PM
    Take it apart and clean it with 100% pure rubbing alcohol, that will clear out the nasties that are causing this to happen.
    03-24-10 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD