ok so my service provider is sprint nd i have a curve 8530 , my problem is that my keyboard lights up nd then i get the hour glass then everything turns off nd then my fone trys to turn on nd the black berry logo shows up nd then trys to load but only goes half way nd then turns off nd i get the red light goes on agian . . . this repeats over nd over agian is it water damage ? can any body help ?
    12-23-10 01:19 PM
    Did you get it near water and is the water damage indicator been triggered on the phone or battery?
    12-23-10 01:20 PM
    yes i think it has on the battery becuz were the strip should be theres nothing but pink residue so i think it was the strip that turned fully pink do u think its just the battery becuz theres no sign of water damage in the fone so far
    12-23-10 01:29 PM
    You might just have a shorted out battery try another battery if possible. From what you've described seems to be intermittent power from the battery itself. If changing tha battery doesn't work then you've got yourself a water damaged phone
    12-23-10 01:34 PM
    The only thing you can try is reloading the Operating System (OS). That may help. But in my non professional opinion it's water damaged with circuit board problems.
    12-23-10 01:34 PM
    aznglcy- thanks man ima try my sis battery , syborg - whats the operating system nd how do i do that ?
    12-23-10 01:41 PM
    aznglcy- thanks man ima try my sis battery , syborg - whats the operating system nd how do i do that ?
    The OS is the software of the phone, that makes the phone work. IF something shorted out it could of wiped the entire OS, making the phone do what it is doing.

You can always use the BB Help section. to find FAQs about blackberries.
    12-23-10 02:02 PM
    oh word i feel ya . . . will it work even if the fone wont turn on
    12-23-10 02:04 PM
    oh word i feel ya . . . will it work even if the fone wont turn on
    Possible. It's really depends on if the phone has any physical damage due to the water shorting something out. IF it's just a static spark and it wiped the OS, yes it should work. If replacing the battery and reloading the OS doesn't work it might be time to call and hope you have insurance on that device.
    12-23-10 02:09 PM
    It sounds like it's bricked... There should be a water damage sticker inside the somewhere underneath the battery cover, is it still white?

Anyways... Check this out:
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    12-23-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD