Ok, so I didn't get insurance on my new phone...fine...I dropped it in the pool 16 days after I got my new Curve. The dot is red. The phone works totally fine after drying out for a day or so....the only issue is that the red LED stays faintly lit all the time. I am sure that I will get used to it but is there anything I am able to do?

Thanks.
    05-22-09 12:25 AM
    This means that you didn't leave the battery out of the phone long enough and more than likely there is still water inside the phone.

Remove the battery and leave it OUT of the phone for 3 to 5 days. Not a day or so.

Now would be a good time to buy a set of torq drivers for removing the case so it can dry out properly. You don't have much to lose at this point.

While you are at the hardware store pick up a bucket of Dehumidifying Crystals. Put the phone and all it's parts in the bucket so any moisture can be taken care of. While rice will work, the crystals should do a better job, since their used to remove moisture from a small room or closet. I personally have used both uncooked rice and dehumidifying crystals, to save electronics.

You could while the phone is apart clean the PC board and all contacts with Alcohol with a soft tooth brush. Alcohol will react with some plastics, so make sure you don't get it on the outside plastic of the phone, as it can tend to discolor it. But of course at this point, does it really matter?

What does damage to water logged electronics is, one electricity going through the phone while water is present. The second thing is corrosion. And as other have stated in other Water vs Phone threads, the dried minerals will corrode the metal contacts and tracing on the pcboard, causing connections to fail, long after the phone is bone dry.

The link below will explain the steps to take and there is even a video.
    The only step in the video I would forgo is using a hair dryer even on low, unless you are going to take the phone apart and using alcohol to displace the water.

How to Save a Wet Cell Phone: 11 steps (with video) - wikiHow
    Last edited by BlkBear; 05-22-09 at 01:11 AM. Reason: the abilty to mess up typing and spelling
    05-22-09 12:38 AM
    This means that you didn't leave the battery out of the phone long enough and more than likely there is still water inside the phone.

Remove the battery and leave it OUT of the phone for 3 to 5 days. Not a day or so.

Now would be a good time to buy a set of torq drivers for removing the case so it can dry out properly. You don't have much to lose at this point.

While you are at the hardware store pick up a bucket of Dehumidifying Crystals. Put the phone and all it's parts in the bucket so any moisture can be taken care of. While rice will work, the crystals should do a better job, since their used to remove moisture from a small room or closet. I personally have used both rice and dehumidifying crystals, to save electronics.

You could while the phone is apart clean the PC board and all contacts with Alcohol with a soft tooth brush. Alcohol will react with plastic, so make sure you don't get it on the outside plastic of the phone, as it can tend to discolor it. But of course at this point, does it really matter?

I suggest following this post...

its pretty much the way to go.. or be out a phone.. with water in the phone there is a chance you will short it out and it will be done for good...

so do it asap..
    05-22-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD