Today, April 4, 2012, the Washington Post newspaper ran a front Page article The fading BlackBerry finds a last bastion in Washington. The author was either very biased or totally out of touch with BB handsets of recent years. But he unfortunately does show what a lot of consumers feel about BB. Best stated with a line approximately " . . Want to put a smartphone in his waist case that he can be proud of." RIM needs to get a powerful advertising and public relations effort underway. RIM's stuff is as useful as Apple's but unless people believe it that does not matter.
    04-05-12 12:29 AM
    I'm sorry but this just demonstrates the extent to which people become overly sensitive and borderline paranoid. The article does not convey any great bias and presents a pretty simple juxtaposition of how RIM fares in the consumer sector vs the US Government. I just do not see why anyone would expect the press to present a struggling company in warm and fuzzy language or have the same feelings for the BB phones as people around here.
    04-05-12 12:50 AM
    Most of the Govt BB phones are outdated.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...kforce-714220/
    04-05-12 12:58 AM
    I'm sorry but this just demonstrates the extent to which people become overly sensitive and borderline paranoid. The article does not convey any great bias and presents a pretty simple juxtaposition of how RIM fares in the consumer sector vs the US Government. I just do not see why anyone would expect the press to present a struggling company in warm and fuzzy language or have the same feelings for the BB phones as people around here.

This article is factually incorrect about the current BB device capability. A negative article as this prominently placed on the front Page of a major US publication is damaging to RIM. I find it hard to understand why the Post editors thought it worthy of front Page space.

With 77 million subscribers, struggling is not a good characterization. They are losing market share in the US but gaining in the international markets where the margins are less.
    04-05-12 07:27 PM
    ^ For someone that is supposedly a supporter of RIM (based on the many devices you have in your CB device list); your comment is quite the contradiction.
    04-05-12 08:23 PM
    ^ For someone that is supposedly a supporter of RIM (based on the many devices you have in your CB device list); your comment is quite the contradiction.
    That comment is responding to a post that was deleted by the administrator.
    04-09-12 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD