BBM is the only one for me . Most of my friends and relatives are on BBM here.

  
    06-09-15 11:14 AM
    Awesome responses.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 11:27 AM
    I'm perfectly happy "advertising" BBM. Yes, it is the job of BlackBerry to do this, but as we all know there are many hurdles especially in the US. Anything associated with BlackBerry is toxic to some. I went from purchasing my own personal Z10 on launch from a higher spec Android and somehow ended up here. Knew nothing of these forums until that time.

Had a BlackBerry Storm for years which was and still is my favorite phone. Never had a hardware or software issue with it. Left Sprint after a decade for the Storm then left Verizon to AT&T for the Passport after almost another decade (seems that way, don't remember the Storm's release date). Anyway, my point is that I am here because I have a new appreciation for tech especially BlackBerry tech. I am a BlackBerry fan which is why I am on CrackBerry posting more and more. It is a great community and want nothing but success for BlackBerry.

As I wrote, when BBM went cross-platform any text I would receive would get the default "add me to BBM" message. I'd get another reply and another; sometimes even asking "is this still your #?". Again, BBM invite resent. Now, years later, every one I talk to uses BBM. My best friend has brought a ton of his friends onto BBM as well. Others might just have it to chat with me. Most like it and have also commented on the constant improvements.

Anyway, my point is that I chose to use BBM for everything besides good old phone calls. My family received the same message until they added BBM to their iphones. Now my dad is on a Z10, sister on a Z30, and mother on a Passport. That is the power of BBM and changing perceptions as well. I deleted my Facebook long ago, but love seeing my mother post a picture that gets hundreds of likes that has "posted from my BlackBerry" or whatever the default is.

This was my choice to give up on SMS and helped BlackBerry in the process; both in BBM and in handsets. I'd much prefer to use BBM rather than use basic texting. I'm on CrackBerry as a BlackBerry fan and that's the way it is if you want to speak with me. Trust me, my best friend said I'm crazy after downloading BBM on his Galaxy stating that I'd have a hard time getting others that aren't as close to me to download BBM just for me. Well, guess they eventually got tired of the "add me" text and I've kept all of my contacts besides a few that I'm not in contact with anyway now on BBM.

Of course there are some few exceptions such as job interviews, texts from potential managers, etc.

On a side note... BBM Channels had/has so much potential. BlackBerry needs a few high profile "artists" from my generation using this for more personal interactions with fans over Twitter. BBM would fly. Get the Biebs on there and try a legend with diehard fans from the last 3 decades that is still relevant owning Vegas like Britney. Between the two, I could see many others following. Just a random thought. When Channels were first introduced, this is the direction I saw in competing with Twitter.

That would really add to BBM and all of the other assets BlackBerry has; QNX, BES12, BB10, secusmart, movirtu, watchdox, car infotainment, etc.

Posted via CB10
    SurajBH likes this.
    06-09-15 08:30 PM
    In a time where everyone has either android or iPhone. BBM is not the best choice for the masses. I use whatsapp and all my friends and family uses whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:59 AM

As I wrote, when BBM went cross-platform any text I would receive would get the default "add me to BBM" message. I'd get another reply and another; sometimes even asking "is this still your #?". Again, BBM invite resent. Now, years later, every one I talk to uses BBM. My best friend has brought a ton of his friends onto BBM as well. Others might just have it to chat with me. Most like it and have also commented on the constant improvements.

Anyway, my point is that I chose to use BBM for everything besides good old phone calls. My family received the same message until they added BBM to their iphones. Now my dad is on a Z10, sister on a Z30, and mother on a Passport. That is the power of BBM and changing perceptions as well. I deleted my Facebook long ago, but love seeing my mother post a picture that gets hundreds of likes that has "posted from my BlackBerry" or whatever the default is.

Posted via CB10

I try to use BBM as much as possible but on my Lumia its fairly buggy and I receive a few fatal crashes on it makes it difficult to use. Its good when it works but compared to Whatsapp its not as enjoyable to use.
    I think BlackBerry has a long way to go before beating Whatsapp and SMS, mainly in stability and feature parity.
    06-14-15 11:22 AM
    I try to use BBM as much as possible but on my Lumia its fairly buggy and I receive a few fatal crashes on it makes it difficult to use. Its good when it works but compared to Whatsapp its not as enjoyable to use.
    I think BlackBerry has a long way to go before beating Whatsapp and SMS, mainly in stability and feature parity.
    Fair enough. Even now, cross-platform BBM has come a long way from when I originally had people add it. Guess it depends on the device.

One of my close friends that isn't much of a BlackBerry fan and has a Galaxy just bought 2 more sticker packs lol (was just scrolling through my feed).

Your point is legit though, but it seems like the BBM team is getting it together in the direction they want to go making BBM more native to whatever OS versus just throwing the BB10 version at them all. I think the changes between all of the different platforms actually made it more difficult for them to just get BBM 99% stable cross-platform... almost biting off more than they could chew.

BBM is getting there though. Has always worked great on the Galaxy and after a few updates is a million times better on iOS. Can't really speak for other Android devices or platforms.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 04:32 PM
    Fair enough. Even now, cross-platform BBM has come a long way from when I originally had people add it. Guess it depends on the device.

One of my close friends that isn't much of a BlackBerry fan and has a Galaxy just bought 2 more sticker packs lol (was just scrolling through my feed).

Your point is legit though, but it seems like the BBM team is getting it together in the direction they want to go making BBM more native to whatever OS versus just throwing the BB10 version at them all. I think the changes between all of the different platforms actually made it more difficult for them to just get BBM 99% stable cross-platform... almost biting off more than they could chew.

BBM is getting there though. Has always worked great on the Galaxy and after a few updates is a million times better on iOS. Can't really speak for other Android devices or platforms.

Posted via CB10
    True it has gotten a lot better since launch, finally got channels last month and the login fatal crash has finally gone. I'm just hoping they cleanup the rest of them asap.
    06-14-15 04:40 PM
32 12