I have a friend who is buying a used passport from a person in Canada who bought the phone through Telus, my question is that if he has the original owners receipt and has a warranty issue in the future, can he get it serviced through Blackberry or Telus??

He lives in the Detroit metro area so he could take it to a Telus store in the Windsor area. I just want to make sure the warranty would still be good. The phone was bought outright by the original owner and was unlocked by Telus.
    11-06-14 07:21 AM
    No per their documentation it is not transferable.....
    11-06-14 07:27 AM
    No per their documentation it is not transferable.....
    That sucks, it should be like Apple, Nokia and the rest of the brands and warranty the device. Blackberry needs to revamp their warranty policy to be more in line with their competition.
    11-06-14 07:46 AM
    That sucks, it should be like Apple, Nokia and the rest of the brands and warranty the device. Blackberry needs to revamp their warranty policy to be more in line with their competition.
    Yes, like when I picked up my daughter's $1000.00 iphone. Rogers offered me a protection plan for it. A couple hundred bucks plus the deductible was ridiculous. So yes BlackBerry should mimic Apple this way. How to make money!

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 07:52 AM
    Yes, like when I picked up my daughter's $1000.00 iphone. Rogers offered me a protection plan for it. A couple hundred bucks plus the deductible was ridiculous. So yes BlackBerry should mimic Apple this way. How to make money!

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't of had to buy an additional protection plan, all you do is schedule an appointment at the Apple store genius bar and they look at the device and will replace it right there on the spot if there is an issue and its within the one year warranty.

I have done it many times even with a used device. I would never buy those insurance policies on any Apple product when Apple has the best warranty in the business, period. Thats why they have the highest resale value because the warranty is with the device and not through the carrier.
    11-06-14 08:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    They wouldn't be always accused of going out of business.....

But you pay for what you want.... you choose to buy the version that was $1000 (daddy's alway spoil their daughters), and yes BlackBerry's falls into the same device "protection plans" with $100 deductible . I pay the same $10 a month to protect my daughters Z10 as I do my wife's iPhone 6 - both on Verizon. (as cheap as the Z10 is I should cancel hers....with the deductible and the ten months I cold buy a new one ).

Barron1 was just saying the BlackBerry should offer the same transferable warranty that other manufactures in this sector offer.... and I agree. You don't have to do more, but you can't do less either.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-06-14 08:07 AM
    You shouldn't of had to buy an additional protection plan, all you do is schedule an appointment at the Apple store genius bar and they look at the device and will replace it right there on the spot if there is an issue and its within the one year warranty.

I have done it many times even with a used device. I would never buy those insurance policies on any Apple product when Apple has the best warranty in the business, period. Thats why they have the highest resale value because the warranty is with the device and not through the carrier.
    It depends on the apple store. Sister in laws iphone has had the same issue for months. The first time we went in their they performed a factory reset. Same issue was occurring. Second time we go in there, they do a factory reset and tell her not to restore from backup. Phone still has the same issue. It's been 3 months. Phone is under the original 1 year warranty and they refuse to replace it.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-06-14 11:00 AM