I have a question about Blackberry's warranty policy? If I buy a used z30 and it's still under warranty, can I still get it repaired through Blackberry? Or do I have to have the receipt of purchase and be the original owner?

I know with Apple they warranty they device and not the person who bought it. I have bought many used iPhones and have never had an issue with getting the device repaired as long as it's within warranty. Just curious.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    06-06-14 03:35 PM
    The warranty on a BlackBerry is serviced by the original seller, which is typically only the Carriers in North America. If you don't have an account with the carrier that originally sold it, you will not get it fixed by the carrier or BlackBerry.

It looks like you are on T-Mobile. If you buy a used T-Mobile Z30 and have proof when it went into service, T-Mobile is likely to service it.

The best thing to do is to ask your carrier about warranty work on second hand phones that were originally sold by them.
    06-06-14 05:42 PM
    You do have to have the receipt. Found this in the settings under about:

This is one of the conditions that must be met

Warranty Question-img_20140606_180431.png

AmaZ30ed
    06-06-14 07:07 PM
    Thanks for the info, this needs to change folks. We are suppose to be doing it better then our competition, as long as the device is not stolen, it shouldn't matter who owns it as long as the device is within the warranty timeframe it shouldn't matter.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    06-06-14 07:24 PM
    It's not who owns it, but who sold it that is the problem.

I assume the carriers pay a certain amount for the phone and that price includes a discount for the carrier dealing with the warranty. I don't think any phones actually go back to Blackberry. Perhaps all BlackBerry does is supply the parts to the carrier's authorized repair depot.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 07:33 PM
    When I bought mine, I request to have all this stuff included. Receipt, box, books everything. Good idea too because I heard that some people working at the carriers were stealing phones and selling them on the on line classified sites, it was on the news. So good idea, you don't want to buy a stolen phone to find out that you cannot activate that iemi number!

AmaZ30ed
    06-06-14 07:53 PM
    I purchase most of my phones off Ebay and make sure I get the Square Trade warranty with them.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-06-14 11:41 PM