I have the blackberry pearl 9105 3G.
    It is currently in warranty- just about.

I have a question for you:
    If the blackberry keeps going constantly unresponsive is this an example of physical damage. It works, then it doesn't work. It's not water damaged- I know this because it has stickers on the back that are white, and have remained white- when a phone is water damaged it goes pink/red. I have re flashed the software on the phone and this hasn't worked but the phone is not physically damaged.
    Yes, it does have scratches from being in my pocket with change but it's not damaged.
    02-01-12 03:39 PM
    What you are describing would not be considered physical damage, but rather a failure of the handset hardware. If the carrier were to come to that determination also, they would be required to replace or fix the handset under the regular manufacturers warranty, as long as you're still in your warranty period.
    02-01-12 03:46 PM
    What you are describing would not be considered physical damage, but rather a failure of the handset hardware. If the carrier were to come to that determination also, they would be required to replace or fix the handset under the regular manufacturers warranty, as long as you're still in your warranty period.
    If I submit the device for repair in the warranty date which expires this month- 9th I think and the repair over runs the warranty do I have to pay?
    02-01-12 03:51 PM
    No, you shouldn't have to. As long as it was submitted prior to the warranty expiration date you should be good to go. I'd just make sure you've got documentation showing the date that you took it to the carrier for repair, that way they can't contest it.
    02-01-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD