I am expecting my new 9300 to arrive via UPS soon. It is pretty cold here, and I'm concerned about handling the device with our temperatures. I will likely be home when it arrives, so it won't sit out in the cold long, but I know it will have been in the cold truck all day.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle it so as not to damage the phone or set off the liquid indicator stickers?

I'm jumpy since I had a weather-related incident with a phone before. My LCD screen on my Motorola RAZR cracked once in my pocket when I went from the freezer aisle of the grocery store to the 100+ degree heat outside.
    12-16-10 06:51 AM
    If your really worried, wrap it in some towels for a few hours when you bring it into the house to acclimatise although you shouldn't have any problems bringing it straight in.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 07:21 AM
    The biggest concern will be the battery. Don't try to charge the phone until the battery warms up to room temperature.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 07:24 AM
    Difficult as it might be, leave it in the box overnight :-)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 07:42 AM
    I would say the second biggest concern would be the lcd.
    But unpackage everything, leaving it in the box will take longer as the warmth will have to make its way through the box and the packaging.

A few hours at room temperature should do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 07:48 AM
    Do you all know how difficult it will be for me to NOT play with it?

I just remembered when we moved that my husband used to have us leave the TV sit a few hours until it reached room temperature before we could use it. I'd really hate to mess up a new BlackBerry.

Do you all think I need to worry about condensation with the liquid indicators?
    12-16-10 08:08 AM
    No, there will be no need to worry about condensation. Unless your place of dwelling has a very very very high humidity level.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 08:10 AM