Hello,

I'm not a hacker, I'm taking some Wireless Network Administration classes. They're going over a Wireless security tester called NetStumbler. I noticed on their website (NetStumbler.com) that they also have a MiniStumbler program. It's an .exe file and I can't seem to install it?

Does anyone know if this is compatible or if there are any other sniffing, WiFi network detecting apps out there?

Thanks!

You can email me at kaiserschlossturm@gmail.com if you like,

Thanks!
    01-06-10 12:46 PM
    Search up Cain and Able wifi. I've been using it. Its older but works great and there's some good tutorials out there. Plus its pretty much the easieast one out there for windows. If you have a mac or linux there's much more available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 05:23 PM
    Thanks,

Does Cain and Able install and work on the Blackberry?
    01-11-10 01:08 PM
    No, there are no wardriving apps available for the BB platform at all. And the last time I spoke with the author of Netstumbler, he said he's not upgrading it anymore. I'm a mod over at those forums and as you can see, nobody really talks about wardriving anymore, it's ran it's course and now nobody really does it.
    01-11-10 02:27 PM
    No, there are no wardriving apps available for the BB platform at all. And the last time I spoke with the author of Netstumbler, he said he's not upgrading it anymore. I'm a mod over at those forums and as you can see, nobody really talks about wardriving anymore, it's ran it's course and now nobody really does it.
    pfft, people are dumb if they don't do it still. i paid for 3 semesters of college by wardriving

if you do it correctly, in the right areas, and with the right equipment, you can legally make a lot of money. it's amazing what kind of fear a small business card that says "omg ur wifi is open, check it out!" will instill into people without the technical knowledge to secure their own network, and they will pay for it.
    01-29-10 09:02 PM
    Netstumbler is old hat. There are current programs for the PC that will log GPS coordinates and WiFi information. Vistumbler is a good choice. I use WiFi Hopper, since it has a connection manager function. Both will import/export in NS formats, if that is required.

Some companies will pay to have their WiFi coverage mapped to measure coverage and leakage. Not really "wardriving" in the traditional sense, but still fun and occasionally profitable.

It wouldn't be hard to write something like that in Java for the phone, but it hasn't been done to my knowledge. Yet.
    02-02-10 07:50 AM
    I use WifiTrack for my iPhone.
    Bitrino - WifiTrak - Find FREE Wifi

I'm looking for something like this for blackberry.
    Syn: Wardriving with the IPhone
    06-20-11 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD