Why is it that when I am trying to reply to a message in a thread, when I'm typing in the reply box, the words I type all of a sudden disappear? I can still see the SureType trying to determine what I'm trying to type, but the words don't show up in the reply box.

Anyone else experience this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 05:36 PM
    Why is it that when I am trying to reply to a message in a thread, when I'm typing in the reply box, the words I type all of a sudden disappear? I can still see the SureType trying to determine what I'm trying to type, but the words don't show up in the reply box.

Anyone else experience this?

I think my problem is very similar to yours. When I hit REPLY next to someone's post, the reply page loads BUT:

1) Their isn't a REPLY button to hit at the bottom when you're done typing.
    2) I type and the words don't appear in the text box or do and disappear.
    3) the text to which I am replying to does not appear in the replying text box, only the first line of the post. Very weird.

Below is a screen shot of when it happens:

01-14-09 11:39 AM
    Same problem here...
    01-14-09 11:45 AM
    i'm pretty sure it's a 4.5 OS issue. i've had the reply and words disappearing issue since i upgraded the OS. mostly happens when i try to edit a reply on WAP. cannot quote a post at all.

it happens half the time. if i really need to edit something i use opera mini.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-14-09 at 03:12 PM.
    01-14-09 11:47 AM
    This has been an issue for people on 4.5 OS. It was fixed for a few days but ow we are back to the same old issue.

When it was fixed on WAP we also had banner ads so I would guess now they dont want to sponser the update anymore.

I have heard you can use The Opera browser and reply, but I have not done this yet.
    01-14-09 11:49 AM
    yeah, works fine with Opera Mini...it's just an issue when I click on a link in a notification e-mail it will automatically open the bberry web browser, and of course, I can't reply.
    01-14-09 11:52 AM
    This sucks, no functional CB on my BB, WTH!!!!
    01-14-09 11:58 AM
    When this happens to me, usually doing a refresh will correct it. Sometimes I have to refresh more than once.
    01-14-09 12:18 PM
    When this happens to me, usually doing a refresh will correct it. Sometimes I have to refresh more than once.
    I'm trying to use Opera now. I just don't like Opera's "mouse alternative" highlight in blue thing. Wish I could get a regular cursor thing.

01-14-09 12:20 PM
    Happens to me as well guys...
    01-14-09 12:21 PM
    Same here. When it does, I just cancel and go make a new post, naming the person to whom I am replying.
    01-14-09 03:02 PM
    I get this issue on facebook, if I've passed a pic I wanna make a comment on and I hit back. If I refresh the page, it works fine.

Question: why not just scroll to the bottom of the page and use the reply box provided? This seems to work.

01-14-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD