I know this question has probably been answered before, but I want to use my mp3 player from my Curve to listen to music instead of constantly making new cds everytime I want to hear something new when I can just transfer my stuff to my Berry..

what do I need to buy to make it work? and where can I get it? Besides the internet can I goto best buy or radio shack..something of that nature?

and how does it work exactly? how would my cd player recognize that I have a mp3 player plugged into it? and where would it plug in? the ac adapter? or the actual cd player itself...

sry for all the questions, just never had one to know for myself..

thanks for the responses fellas
    06-26-09 10:46 AM
    06-26-09 10:57 AM
    06-26-09 12:26 PM
    I know this question has probably been answered before, but I want to use my mp3 player from my Curve to listen to music instead of constantly making new cds everytime I want to hear something new when I can just transfer my stuff to my Berry..

what do I need to buy to make it work? and where can I get it? Besides the internet can I goto best buy or radio shack..something of that nature?

and how does it work exactly? how would my cd player recognize that I have a mp3 player plugged into it? and where would it plug in? the ac adapter? or the actual cd player itself...

sry for all the questions, just never had one to know for myself..

thanks for the responses fellas
    We'll need to know a couple of things. What kind of head unit do you have OEM or After market such as Alpine/Pioneer/Sony. If it's OEM then you might be able to have it hooked in through the back of the stereo using a CD Changer Adapter and have that fished around to the console. If it happens to have an AUX input on the front that would be the best. It sounds like it's a CD player and it doesn't have a tape player, so you couldn't get a tape adapter. If yours doesn't have an ability to wire up a cd changer then you will probably need to use a FM Tuner hooked into the berry. These don't give you the best sound quality and if you're in a highly populated location you might not find a clean blank channel to stream to.

If you have an after market head unit, you can use all the same optons listed above but you may need to make sure they make adapters for your head unit. I have an alpine and my storm/ipod/8330 all hook into where the cd changer would have hooked into the back of the head unit. The installer fished the cable around to the console so I could easily access it. My wife has an Eclipse after market but her cd changer input doesn't work the same way. We can't get it to work for her without upgrading her head unit.

I really just want to upgrade her car but we can't afford to right now
    06-26-09 12:46 PM
    This is also a BT/FM transmitter to play through your car's FM radio:

NEW JABRA SP700 BLUE TOOH CAR KIT AND FM TRANSMITTER - eBay (item 130305944086 end time Jul-10-09 14:32:39 PDT)

There are two advantages over the SoundFly unit. It acts as a handsfree device, and it costs less than half the price of the SoundFly.
    06-26-09 01:11 PM
    This is also a BT/FM transmitter to play through your car's FM radio:

NEW JABRA SP700 BLUE TOOH CAR KIT AND FM TRANSMITTER - eBay (item 130305944086 end time Jul-10-09 14:32:39 PDT)

There are two advantages over the SoundFly unit. It acts as a handsfree device, and it costs less than half the price of the SoundFly.
    Soiundfly is also hands free and sounds great through the car radio. I treid on aftermarket and OEM radios. It also has SD card slot if you just want to listen to music off that, plus a mini jack input for any mp3 player. And Soundfly has a remote control. I'd think the soundfly BT is a way better value..

I can't stress enough to fourms and friends I know what a great unit this is. Yet they still go for the crippled basic units from overpriced companys...
    Last edited by Evermore707; 06-27-09 at 12:25 PM.
    06-27-09 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD