I am using a Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S. I am so ready to have a BB again! My phone is great. Fast, tons of apps (Hello RIM! Need to get with that), and an awesome camera (Ahem, might wanna get with that also). But, all in all, I just plain like a BB better. I do not like the touch keyboard on my droid. I miss my qwerty keyboard, and just having a BB in general.
    My question is, which should I get? I have read quite a lot on the Bold 9900 series. Lots of positive comments, but some negatives that have me concerned. One thing, several have complained of going through 4 of the phones and still having the issue of it powering down and not coming back on, and that the camera doesnt have auto-focus.
    I mainly using my phone for taking pictures, texting, email, Scottrade, facebook and twitter. I dont play games and such on it.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Im not available to upgrade till August, but looking around now so I will know what I want by then.
    02-26-12 02:49 PM
    For me...If you want a full touchpad and and full querty Keyboard them I would look an the 9900 especially if you can get a 7.1 update...

Welcome back..
    02-26-12 02:55 PM
    9900 hands down. Newer os's have caused the rebooting to go by the wayside. Haven't heard a newer os cause a brick yet from any of my friends. There may be 1 here and there on this site but you never know what os they were running and what shady apps they had going on.
    I am on a att 9900 on 7.1 and couldn't be happier with battery life and quickness and especially my typing speed on this keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 11:29 PM
    Why would you consider anything older than whatever is the latest?
    I just tried Galaxy Nexus for a week, and it went right back, and now I am waiting for my 9930. Question of which carrier to go with aside, no matter where I go, I will go with Blackberry. Not sure if I will regret having to stick to 3G, especially after seeing what LTE can do on an Android phone, but under the circumstances choices are limited.

With the falling price of 9900/9930, go with that, without a doubt. Since you did not like the touch screen keyboard, I don't see why you should even consider anything else. Now, you could have tried an android with sliding keyboard, but even with that e-mail options and functionality is nowhere near BB. And if RIM does not improve on apps or OS, either iOS or Android will soon catch up to BB's e-mail features and usability and it won't be long with RIM is completely beaten.
    02-26-12 11:35 PM
    The 9900 suits your needs

The only concern would be picture taking. What kind of pictures do you take. I'm guessing it's for Facebook.

The 9900 camera is good for Facebook but if you take pictures of (Ex.) text from magazine articles it's not the best. Torch phones have better cameras for that
    02-27-12 06:11 PM
    I agree, I don't see much of a difference in picture quality compared to 9700 or even 8900. It sure is a bit faster but in low light condition or indoors with dimmer than direct lighting, it will suffer greatly and lag will be more obvious. Sad but true.
    02-27-12 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD