So like alot of other verizon users i was excited about the store, but i played with it today at the verizon store and it's not fluid at all, and way to buggy for me. So i'm thinking either the curve or pearl. Now i'll mostly be texting, cause i do ALOT of that. No web browsing for now, but possibly later. I'm not totally opposed to getting a storm though because i think they look incredibly sexy. But i'm curious, for my needs, mainly just texting and taking notes, is there anything that much better about the curve than the pearl? I'd love to get some themes so thats the only reason i'm leaning towards the curve. But for the extra money is it that much better than the pearl?

Thanks for any input

(i'm sorry if this has been asked like 100 times before!)
    02-02-09 12:30 AM
    The Curve has a full keyboard which makes texting easier and a larger screen. Friends of mine that bought a Pearl wish they would have gotten a Curve. I have Verizon and a Curve and am very happy. Also my friend told me that the Pearl doesn't have the GPS capabilities. Not sure on that just what she said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 12:57 AM
    The curve has a full qwerty keyboard, better display. For texting the curve is a better phone IMO.

Must have been typing at the same time - sorry

EDIT - if you are interested in checking out some differences in the phone other than the look/feel etc try here:
    BlackBerry - Compare PDAs - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution Comparison
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-02-09 at 01:00 AM.
    02-02-09 12:57 AM
    Great minds think alike!

02-02-09 01:05 AM
    Indeed!
    02-02-09 01:10 AM
    I wouldn't base the functionality of the storm off of the display models. Those models have been running constantly and probably need a soft reset and are running the latest official OS. Think how many people have been playing with it all day and probably have changed the settings. I've had the storm since launch day and mine has never functioned as poorly as the display models. Many of the storms bugs have been fixed with the latest leaked OS .99 since the last official OS .75. Also, with the .9x series of OS, the storm has added a portrait QWERTY keyboard that functions just like the keyboard for the curve and pearl. This now gives you the ability to use multitap, suretype or a full keyboard in portrait mode. I type about 30 texts and about 20 emails a day using the on screen keyboard without any slowdown or problems. If you are serious about the storm, I would get the storm and play with it since you have 30 days to exchange the device if you aren't happy.

02-02-09 01:21 AM
    Love my Curve and if it was a choice between a Curve and a Pearl, there is no question I would pick the Curve. Full keyboard. Better resolution. It's just a step up in every way IMO.
    02-02-09 03:16 AM
    On the verizon website it says that the curve has video messanging and the pearl doesn't. I don't know if its a typo though.

02-02-09 03:32 AM
    I wouldn't base the functionality of the storm off of the display models. Those models have been running constantly and probably need a soft reset and are running the latest official OS. Think how many people have been playing with it all day and probably have changed the settings. I've had the storm since launch day and mine has never functioned as poorly as the display models. Many of the storms bugs have been fixed with the latest leaked OS .99 since the last official OS .75. Also, with the .9x series of OS, the storm has added a portrait QWERTY keyboard that functions just like the keyboard for the curve and pearl. This now gives you the ability to use multitap, suretype or a full keyboard in portrait mode. I type about 30 texts and about 20 emails a day using the on screen keyboard without any slowdown or problems. If you are serious about the storm, I would get the storm and play with it since you have 30 days to exchange the device if you aren't happy.

Yeah thats what i'm thinking about doing. Getting the storm and playing with it to see what i think, and if not, i'll get the curve. I figured that the display models were crappy like you said because people mess with them all the time.

I just really like the sleek look of the storm, thats what draws me to it the most. But like everyones been saying, i think for texting the curve may be better. But i just compared them and it looks like the pearl has everything that the curve does and even a few more features, but i like the curve just because of the better display. I still don't know!

Quick question though, if i get the storm and update the OS to .99 but i still decide i want to return it, should i leave the OS and hope they don't say anything or is there some way to restore the old OS? And i'm a little scared to update with e leaked OS and brick my brand new phone. Has that happened to many people?

Thanks so much for all your help guys!
    Last edited by Jaredistheman; 02-02-09 at 11:01 AM.
    02-02-09 10:53 AM
    Yea i wouldnt judge the storm off of a display unit. Like what was already said they are constantly running day in and day out with barely any resets what so ever. The storm def has some bugs but with new OS updates coming out all the time it has been getting better and better. I have a 8330 Curve as one of my BBs and i absolutely love it. Has a full QWERTY which makes texting great and the features are perfect on it. I would def say go with the Curve over the Pearl any day but if you really like the storm i would say just go for it. You should have a 30 day return policy so if your disspointed with it you can just swap it out for a Curve.
    02-02-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD