Suretype is great 90% of the time, but frequently I have a need to get into Multitap mode to type an acronym (my industry is lousy with them), or a model number, or somebody's oddly-spelled name, or whatever. I know how to do it with the Options key, scroll, select, but that is waaaay too much effort. I would REALLY like a hotkey to toggle in/out of suretype/multitap mode - surely I can't be alone with wanting that!
    03-31-08 09:16 PM
    /BUMP OMG!!

I'm soooooo wanting this feature, I work in a world with lots of acronyms and need to occasionally pop into multitap, then right back into suretype.
    09-11-08 11:00 PM
    not sure of any hotkey, but while in suretype if you hold the key down and scroll side to side, a list of all the letters will show up and you can pic which one you want. However, this will also display special letters also, such as ones with accents. Doing this for every letter might not really help you though because for some keys, the list is pretty long. You could also go into your custom dictionary (options > custom dictionary) and add your most common acronyms and names so they will appear while using suretype.

EDIT: I just thought of something else. When you bring up your menu, if you type the first letter of a menu option, such as "e" for enable multitap, you will jump to that option. So if you were composing an email, hit the menu key, then hit "e" twice (once to get past "edit auto text") and click. Again, not a hotkey, but it might speed up the process!
    Last edited by Shooperman; 09-12-08 at 08:34 AM.
    09-12-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD