Hi to everyone,

i just become blackberry user and i want to know more about blackberry, i was always using apple iphones, never android..

can someone what are strengths of blackberry, i hear before that calls can not be monitored from cops and blackberry was used in white hause in usa.. with other words what blackberry have special from others...

why its so cheap?

and other tips that worth to know about bb

thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 08:50 PM
    Hello, and welcome to BlackBerry and CrackBerry!

I'm not sure if I can answer any of your security questions, but perhaps someone else with more experience with that area can answer you.

Regarding the differences between BlackBerry and other platforms, BlackBerry is a platform that hosts many different benefits, from security and a brand-new OS with interesting new gestures to its innovative keyboards that learn as you type and adapt to your needs. The BlackBerry Hub is also very innovative as BlackBerry is one of the only platforms to fully integrate a "window" that stores all of your notifications, even from different apps and social media tools. Of course, Android has done this in a different way with drag-down windows, but the Hub brings the experience to a new level.

Android is run by Google and has an enormous app store, and also hosts famous apps like Instagram; and BlackBerry as a platform is lacking in the app department versus its Apple and Google competitors.

Hmm... I'm not sure, off the top of my head, what else to tell you. What kind of BlackBerry do you have now? What Apple products did you use in the past?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    01-20-14 08:59 PM
    As far as tips, that will depend a lot on what BlackBerry you own
    Morty, love the avatar =))
    01-20-14 09:04 PM
    Morty2264,

thanks for your reply,

i was using from iphone 3g till 5s, but i sold my 5s and i won't use apple phones anymore coz i think they never think about peoples privacy, they think always from money lol,

now im using blackberry z10, i really like the hardware design.. and the ios but no apps for it

as i know z30 is newer than z10 but as i see in google photos it was too bigger thats why i chose z10..

in what programming lang is made OS?

what programming lang.. can apps be made?

why pentagon use it? lol...

thanks!

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:07 PM
    Welcome and hope you enjoy your z10. I would install the leak 10.2.1.1925 and then side load snap. You'll find most any app you want in the snap. Also the 1925 is amazing.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    01-20-14 09:23 PM
    Welcome and hope you enjoy your z10. I would install the leak 10.2.1.1925 and then side load snap. You'll find most any app you want in the snap. Also the 1925 is amazing.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    You can find most apps but using them is a different story.
    I have a 50/50 success rate if I don't include apps that require Google services

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:34 AM
    leak it! (lulz)

okay, do that only if you understand why.

You probably may want to leak it if ...

a) you want to try out new things, just for the sake of trying it.
    b) you don't want to wait for updates from your carrier (it may be slow, US carriers are still slow)
    c) features that you want on your OS now is only available in the leaked version
    d) for whatever foul reason you're stuck with 10.0, carrier update supported or not.
    e) you want to try to see how much better to attempt loading .apk files instead of converted bar files.

you probably don't want to leak it if...

a) you just like it the way it is.
    b) trying to be safe. like very safe. and not brick it.

Why is a BlackBerry different from competitors? That is something that can be pretty argumentative. But what I think I should point out to you, (be it good or bad, you judge it for yourself, since it does make BlackBerry stand out from the competitors, good or bad)

a) the hub. Its radically different from the other hubs / drop down menus / etc. Because it is message centric.How you experience it is how far you customize it. Spend some time to customize it. I have seen people swear by it. Leaving it as it is, may result in sour taste.

b) Not so much of customization. Not like Android. There are reports that people have been loading Android launchers, but again, mileage may vary.

c) the keyboard. Love it or hate it, the keyboard is exceptionally different. 3 language support (typing 3 languages in a single message without even having to switch the locale or whatnot (with exception of Arabic, Farsi, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, and others that don't use Roman letters, if I recall correctly). Some people love it, some hate it, some are indifferent. To me its like a bucket of gold. It learns everything that you type. Good things, bad things. Nice things, kinky things. (Beware!)

d) The built in filters and the timeshift, was exclusive to a certain very short amount of time. But people still use it.

e) Presenter mode. Some people use it, some people don't. Some love it, some hate it. If you use the new app from BlackBerry that helps with the presentation, its kind of really good, even if the novelty wears off (but people still kinda like it, its not like it gets annoying kind of bored)

f) for the love it or hate it... that red blinking LED. That is one of those things that makes a BlackBerry experience!
    01-21-14 04:51 AM
    The difference is it us weak in apps but out if the box very functional.

It's excellent for email management.
    Has a fantastic keyboard without having to buy an app.
    Message management is a major strong point.
    With each official os, battery life gets better.
    Really aside from that I can't think of what distinguishes it.

Without bes Imo these phones are no more secure than any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:44 AM
    1. Security is BlackBerry main offering, BlackBerry platform has the reputation of being the most secure mobile device for years. Not only is selected by the Pentagon due to this same reason, but also all around the globe prime ministers, presidents, private companies and common people uses it for this same reason. Security is not only when people wants to hack your phone but also BlackBerry is a secure OS no virus is known to affect it's system and even if you install android APPS their viruses affects android but not BlackBerry system (you will be a carrier but not affected)
    2. Gestures, BB10 is a great integrated platform that can go from task to task by only sweeping with a finger keeping you connected without loosing precious time. Everything you need is a sweep away.
    3. BB10 is a fast evolving OS since it's launch 1 year ago more than 5 official updates OTA and 3 major (10.0 to 10.1 to 10.2 and this month 10.2.1) so your phone will be like new several times during its existing life. BlackBerry is working hard on keeping it's promise to keep you going. There are several branches of OS development at the same time while one is improving the current OS others are developing new OS versions to keep the platform growing.
    4. Community, BlackBerry have the largest hard core community behind it, Crackberry and other BlackBerry communities are 100% behind its beloved platform, rest assured any trouble any doubt any questions will have their answer on the forums. Don't hesitate to ask the community, they will help you become a tech freak in no time.
    5. Leaks, leaks, leaks. BlackBerry hard core communities are constantly posting on the forum leaks from OS updates on development. This leaked OS are official builds directly from BlackBerry and this will go from unfinished developer OS with a lot of bug and hiccups to official release candidates 3 month before release and even a year if you are on a carrier who is slow to release updates. Don't blame BlackBerry on slow releases, carrier prefer to sell you a new device and sign you on a new 2 year contract than give you a new update every 3 month. Leak OS are not for everyone but when the community says it is ready to go official, believe them and go for it, it will make your BlackBerry experience so much better.
    6. Android Running Time, BlackBerry is listening, BlackBerry knows there is a large gap on APPS between older platforms and the new BlackBerry, they are working hard to fix it, they has multiple developers programs with incentives to develop for BB10 they have made BB 10 able to run android APPS by porting them (making android APPS run like BB10 nature APPS) and making them available on BlackBerry World, they have made it possible to Sideload android APPS into BlackBerry phones with a computer and a USB cable. But to keep up with our needs and demands they just released a new OS 10.2.1 that is able to install android APPS directly to the phone just like we do with native BlackBerry APPS, now we can run android and BlackBerry APPS on our phone to keep us moving in to the future.
    6. There is much more to discover but it's up to you how far will you go.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.1925
    Last edited by yohannyphm; 01-21-14 at 11:50 AM.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    01-21-14 09:13 AM
    The z30 is one heck of a mobile computer. It is so stable, it has never crashed. HDMI out is a must. Docs, story maker, BlackBerry Express take care of my work needs along with the fantastic communication tools and Hub. I only use my laptop to rip cd's. The z30 does everything else. Absolutely worth every penny and more.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 10:17 AM
    Blackberry never crashes. And real-time messages (I get the notification of Fb, e-mails, etc... on my BlackBerry before getting them on my desktop when am in the office)

Better keyboard especially if ur on a Q10

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    01-21-14 11:23 AM
    Blackberry never crashes. And real-time messages (I get the notification of Fb, e-mails, etc... on my BlackBerry before getting them on my desktop when am in the office)

Better keyboard especially if ur on a Q10

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or genuine!
    I will go with sarcasm!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 01:36 PM