Ok so i purchased my first blackberry few months ago - it was a used unlocked blackberry storm...overall i was quite disapointed, but the main thing that turned me off - was the data....the storm 1 does not have wifi and i could NOT get the data portion to work with t-mobile...i read a faq on how to hack it so it works but tat stuff is too complicated for me...So i returned it....now im thinking of getting a brand new blackberry curve 8900 javelin unlocked...i like it because it has wifi...the thing is - i only plan to use a prepaid sim with the phone so the data wont work...also i am going to india soon so thats why i am buying this phone for no contract...but id like the wifi for data...so would the data portion work with wifi? cause on my storm i didnt even have a option to access internet but it didnt have wifi - so with this javelin if i connect via wifi can i get on internet? also if i post on facebook - will it say "facebook for blackberry"? on my moms droid x it says "facebook for android"
    Last edited by Sent; 02-10-11 at 06:35 AM.
    02-10-11 06:32 AM
    is bbm like instant messaging?
    Yes BBM = BlackBerry Messenger
    02-10-11 11:08 AM
    Yes it will say "Facebook for BlackBerry" when posting to Facebook.
    02-10-11 12:47 PM
    It will say that, if you use the Facebook App, which requires a data plan to work, even over wifi.

BlackBerry devices are designed to be used with a data plan. If you go another route, there will be apps and certain things that you will find that do not work properly. In order to get the device to work 100%, get a data plan.
    02-10-11 12:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you can get a bb on a prepaid plan. Why not try one of those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD