I got rid of my BB BOLD 9700 from T-mobile because in the hospitals I work in the service was bad and the UMA was inconsistent moving from floor to floor. I switched to the HTC EVO 4G and I like it, but its like a brick to carry all day. Even in my pocket or hip holster. Might as well have my gun in my pocket. I wish BB would come out with something better than the 9650. Geeezzzz.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 09:08 AM
    I got rid of my BB BOLD 9700 from T-mobile because in the hospitals I work in the service was bad and the UMA was inconsistent moving from floor to floor. I switched to the HTC EVO 4G and I like it, but its like a brick to carry all day. Even in my pocket or hip holster. Might as well have my gun in my pocket. I wish BB would come out with something better than the 9650. Geeezzzz.

Does the HTC EVO4G have UMA?

09-22-10 12:11 PM
    I'm also thinking about getting the HTC Evo 4G too. I've seen quite a few of them throughout the city and they're some nice looking phones. I'm not to fond of the Blackberry Torch for various reasons.

09-22-10 12:28 PM
    No UMA support on the Evo. The Sprint service has been fantastic! Better than T-mobile for the places I go.
    Posted from my Evo 4G.

09-22-10 12:37 PM
    No UMA support on the Evo. The Sprint service has been fantastic! Better than T-mobile for the places I go.
    Posted from my Evo 4G.

I thought you weren't allowed to use mobile phones in hospitals though, only wifi.

09-22-10 12:54 PM
    Can't use mobile phones in certain areas. Everybody has mobile phones in a hospital. Everybody. Otherwise nothing would get done.

09-22-10 01:39 PM
    Can't use mobile phones in certain areas. Everybody has mobile phones in a hospital. Everybody. Otherwise nothing would get done.

My wife works in an OR. Everyone is on their phones in the OR. Especially the anesthesiologists. Mostly texting.
    09-22-10 02:18 PM
    My wife works in an OR. Everyone is on their phones in the OR. Especially the anesthesiologists. Mostly texting.
    Must be ok if everybody's doing it then. Great to hear it, never mind interference, I hope they do use something to disinfect them regularly at least.

09-22-10 03:03 PM
    Is the HTC that big?
    09-22-10 03:14 PM
    It is big for a phone...also UMA might not be working due to your settings...I would have checked that first, which you may have...

I know here the EVO is touted as a 4G device, but nobody gets 4G, lol! 3G yes and works well...

I would love to have an EVO, but in my case I need UMA, because even my buddies EVO craps out where I live...so I would have a big ole brick a lot of the time...

09-22-10 05:33 PM
    I thought you weren't allowed to use mobile phones in hospitals though, only wifi.

Cell phones do not in any way interfere with any medical devices. What they do interfere with is getting people to talk to their Nurse/Medical Assistant/Doctor because too many people feel that their phone calls are more important than medical professions trying to triage and treat that person on their cell phone.
    09-22-10 08:06 PM
    Only thing coming out from Sprint new that is known, is the 9330, or Curve 3G. Should be a decent phone and ready for OS 6. Other than that the 9650 is it for sprint, and maybe the clamshell 9670. Hopefully there will be a Torch like device or Storm 3 like device soon but nothing has been announced. I would like to get a new phone too, but no Blackberry is out to make me feel compelled to upgrade. I would probably do a Torch like device if available. I'm still thinking that OS6 is the last traditional Blackberry OS we will see and QNX will be the future, so I'm leary of investing in a OS6 device, because we all know that RIM isn't forward thinking enough to make sure QNX will run on existing hardware.

My suggestion is to wait until after Devcon at end of the month to see what they announce if you can.
    09-23-10 10:20 AM
    I think the 9650 is as good as it gets for a BlackBerry smartphone on Sprint. But I like it. I had the Evo and had to get rid of it. Too many calendar issues and battery life was abysmal. And the keyboard was mediocre at best compared to a physical keyboard like the Bold 9000.

09-25-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD