Hello,
    I am new to the forums but a lurker for a bit. I am up for an upgrade with Verizon on Dec 5th and have decided that I want a Blackberry. It was between the Droid, Droid Eris, and a Blackberry. A IT friend stated the following to help me separate them: "Get a Droid if you want a nice toy. Get a Blackberry if you want to take over the world." He's had his for over a year and still doesn't know all it can do. I have seen the problems with the Tour's trackball and I think I would rather have a trackpad. I would really like the old four directional keys and a select button in the middle but, alas. I see the Bold and soon a new Curve and was hoping Verizon will add either one of them, or change the Tour to a trackpad in the Tour 2. Any thoughts of if Black Friday will help or will it be January before any changes?
    Thoughts?
    Recommendations?
    Thank You.
    11-22-09 10:59 AM
    Get one with the Trackpad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 11:01 AM
    The only Trackpad device available now on VZW is the 8530 Curve, but a couple months down the road you're looking for the Tour2 release. You could always buy a used Curve now and upgrade when the device you want is available later, if that's the case.

11-22-09 11:03 AM
    If I buy a used BB (from a private source)?, can I activate it through Verizon without too much trouble? Is that possible since VZW doesn't use SIM cards?
    11-22-09 02:29 PM
    U can find used 8330s that work with verizon all over the place and in great condition as well. Its a great phone and like said above, it will hold u over until the tour 2 comes out with the trackpad

11-22-09 06:53 PM
    I vote for the tour!!
    11-23-09 03:21 AM
    if you have version get a tour or a storm
    11-23-09 08:02 AM
    I'd choose a carrier first and go from there. I highly recommend verizon.
    11-23-09 08:45 AM
    I have the Tour and love it I'm on US Cellular but it works great in my area
    11-23-09 10:16 AM
    TOUR is the one to go for
    11-23-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD