Hi all,
    I do not have a Blackberry yet but would like to get one.

I need a device that will syncronise with Microsoft Outlook by plugging it in to my computer. We do not have a server for our email etc so I cannot connect real-time - I mostly just want to be able to syncronise my contacts and calendar between my computer and my phone. I am not that bothered about other feature - except that it should be easy to text on and 'good' at being a phone!

It would also be good if it would dowbload my emails onto my Blackberry as then I could deal with them while out and about. Is this possible? Maybe through the USB port?

Any help would be appreciated.

Plus - what is the best device? I am on Orange so should be able to get all/most of them for free as I am on a quite expensive contract.

Gus
    05-29-08 06:49 AM
    Once you get your Blackberry, install Desktop Manager, and connect to your Outlook Profile, and all will be well with the world...

Also, depending on the carrier, you'll be able to add up to 10 email accounts to your device, via the respective BIS website...

Can't really answer the last question; it's a personal choice. But, you should test a Pearl (Sure Type) and a Curve (QWERTY, i.e. full keyboard), before buying...
    05-29-08 07:17 AM
    Than you. I feel reassured.

How does the sure type thing work?

Is it like predictive text where you push the button once and it chooses the most likely letter?
    Or do you press once for A and twice for B etc?
    05-29-08 07:37 AM
    if you are on Orange and live in the UK then move to O2 for a curve - better deal with the internet and emails from them.

which you'll need for emails.

my advice is to get a curve cos the full keyboard is brilliant and to be honest i can't even imagine how i coped with a nokia keyboard with predictive text.
    05-29-08 07:40 AM
    O2 phone reception where I live is awful - so I'll have to give them a miss!
    I can't use push email anyway as we do not have a server at work - unless there is any other way to do it?

We use a remote emial server that simply sends our messages to our computers when we connect to the internet. Is it possible that it might be able to also send a copy to my Blackberry?
    05-29-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD