Who ever choose the Wallpaper for Blackberry is lacking in any type of imagination, so many dark themes and colors used, would be nice to have a few bright colors perhaps even a couple of beach themes/scenes Just a suggestion for the next round of up dates. Along with fixing cut & paste.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by stevec66; 04-06-15 at 06:21 PM.
    04-06-15 06:03 PM
    but so many wallpapers can be added and used by the phone owner...I have over 9000 wallpapers. In fact, when I load an OS i look to DELETE the ones that come with the phone and OS.
    04-06-15 06:32 PM
    Very true, but you would think for what a person pays for a BlackBerry that decent wallpaper themes would be included.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 06:57 PM
    Of course you can own a million wall papers after you buy your phone but I think an awesome wallpaper off the bat helps make the product your selling more attractive, showcases the brilliant colors on the phone and bottom line is a marketing tool. Steve is right BlackBerry backgrounds Suck.

It's the little things.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 07:06 PM
    Personally I was pretty disappointed by the default wallpaper of both the Classic and the Passport. Can't remember the Q10 to be honest. Also the preinstalled package could be better, the only two images I really like would be the wheat one and, maybe to some extent, the peak one.

A couple of years ago, back when Nokia was still independent but already pretty struggling and lagging behind the competition, I read an interview on their own company blog. The designer of the E7 was asked a couple of questions and they also came down to a simple yet interesting one:
    How do you choose the image for the default wallpaper?
    He stated of course the wallpaper is virtually among the first things people tend to change and customise. However it is also the first thing they see and the image they'll encounter when trying out the device for the first time in a store. He said it shouldn't be too simple, but also not too complex. They went with a green grass reaching into a clear blue sky, to show off the AMOLED colors and have a calming, relaxing impression at the same time. I still can remember that one today, mind you I also changed it pretty quickly, but I still liked the choice nonetheless.

I also wish BlackBerry would've included some actual photos as decent wallpaper choices, not only those polygons and color patterns they delivered to us.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 02:46 AM