I had began posting this topic under http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-case-645845/ in the 9930 forum but have moved it to here since completion of the case.

I custom made this and am considering manufacturing. Please email if you think you may want to see this. If I decide to do it I will offer discounts to those who provide me feedback. Below are the details of my project.

Soft Leather Case Pocket Holster (Handmade)
    -Magnetic Strap for Secure Fit
    -Holster Mode Capable
    -Smudge Wipe Interior to Assist with Screen Cleaning
    -Wallet Pocket (For business cards or personal cards.)
    -Pen Holder (Ideal for touch screen pens!)
    -Form fit soft inner case.

Last edited by BerryMind; 09-06-11 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Format
    09-05-11 11:52 PM
    ahhhhhhh my eyesssssssssss
    09-06-11 12:16 AM
    That is nice!! I would buy one.
    BerryMind likes this.
    09-06-11 12:27 AM
    That is a fugly case.
    imo
    09-06-11 01:29 AM
    Sorry about the images above before. Corrected size and they should better for viewing.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    09-06-11 04:16 AM
    That is a fugly case.
    imo
    Don't care if you think its ugly. Just give some useful feedback if you don't like it (e.g. stitching, design overall, features). I only want to know if I should manufacture a few with some better craftsmanship. People that simply don't want or like it aren't my concern.

End Note: Actually had decent enough response from most to look into having some manufactured. Probably do a version with no pen holder and open ports for buttons for music play. Thanks again everyone who responded or had something useful to say you will hear from me again shortly.
    09-06-11 04:41 AM
    Nice .I like the idea without pen Space .I think your on the right path.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BerryMind likes this.
    09-06-11 08:15 AM
    Geez people, prototypes never look as good as a manufactured product. I say do it, but be aware, there are a lot of cases out there, so competition will be an issue. One that fits a 9810 would be nice, and I sure would look at it, especially when I don't want a holster sticking out of my hip.
    BerryMind likes this.
    09-06-11 09:36 AM
    Well I actually like the pen holder. I'm always misplacing my pen and this was what made me take a second look. I know with a startup you can't accomodate everyone but don't throw the idea away entirely.
    BerryMind likes this.
    09-06-11 11:25 PM
    Well I actually like the pen holder. I'm always misplacing my pen and this was what made me take a second look. I know with a startup you can't accomodate everyone but don't throw the idea away entirely.
    You and me both. Don't worry I like make things I personally think are useful. That is also why I decided to go without the pen on this second version because I wanted to utilize the music player in holster mode while still having the wallet function. Another reason is I found a way to make production easier and cheaper while I see if this idea sells. I am also going to do multiple color schemes in the stitching and back wipe cloth. Possibly a belt clip version or conversion ability.
    09-06-11 11:35 PM
    Looks like a good little prototype. However the bottom looks a little un-symmetrical, I dont know If theres a reason for that or not.

I'm not sure if I like the stitching, I want to like it but something about it looks off to me. Dont listen to me though, a lot of people like that type of stitch.

The pen holder would serve no purpose as a Touch Screen Pen holder, so I wouldnt market it as such as the new BlackBerry's are capacitive touch and not resistive touch so touch screen pens arent what people will be using it for. But people do carry around Pens. I like to carry around a pen so I could benefit from this.

I like the idea of a card holder. Keeps credit cards nice and handy for quick use instead of whipping out the old wallet. Nice addition.

Overall you have a fine prototype, You need to refine it a bit before production, but other than that its a nice little pouch!

Hope it works out for you!
    BerryMind likes this.
    09-06-11 11:40 PM
    the bottom looks a little un-symmetrical, I dont know If theres a reason for that or not.
    Your right it is. I forgot to mention that feature and show a photo. This is the easy slip out hole. Simply push with your finger and the phone will be pushed partially out. No need to dig your hand in to the pouch to pull the phone out.

Last edited by BerryMind; 09-07-11 at 01:16 PM.
    09-07-11 01:14 PM
    Your right it is. I forgot to mention that feature and show a photo. This is the easy slip out hole. Simply push with your finger and the phone will be pushed partially out. No need to dig your hand in to the pouch to pull the phone out.
    Ah I see, I knew there was a method to your madness! Looks good!
    09-07-11 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD