So, about 8 months ago I left my bb ( I had five of them) for Xperia Arc S. and I was really happy with it, but not for too long. Lagging when entering contacts or messages was deal breaker for me with time, not to mention often I had problems with my calls dropping. Now, I dont have money to buy B10 but Im going for Bold 9900 until its time for me to get Q10. But, I im out of the loop with bb apps so I have few questions-

1. How good is Viber for Blackberry on OS7? Same for whatspp?
    2. I wont be having Blackberry data plan but regular unlimited data plan. Am I missing out too much if email isnt crucial for me? do other apps work without data plan? not necessarily twitter and facebook since I know those never worked. But appworld worked on my 9780 back in the days
    04-05-13 12:50 PM

Not sure, I don't use those apps

2. I wont be having Blackberry data plan but regular unlimited data plan. Am I missing out too much if email isnt crucial for me? do other apps work without data plan? not necessarily twitter and facebook since I know those never worked. But appworld worked on my 9780 back in the days

Some apps have setting that allow you to use wifi. But I would just get a BIS data plan anyway, because it will make things so much easier. Since you have a Blackberry you can get the cheapest data plan and not worry about going over your limit.
    04-05-13 12:55 PM
    My 9780 is working on wifi only because I got the Z10 this past Monday.

Facebook, Twitter and BlackBerry World all work on wifi only on my 9780. The status updates are slow on Facebook though.
    Emails are working good with wifi.
    04-05-13 02:48 PM

Not sure, I don't use those apps

Some apps have setting that allow you to use wifi. But I would just get a BIS data plan anyway, because it will make things so much easier. Since you have a Blackberry you can get the cheapest data plan and not worry about going over your limit.
    would you believe that blackberry data plan costs 5 times more than regular unlimited data plan? it makes no sense but thats my carrier lol. appsim using the most are whatsapp and viber, those work over regular celular. also browser works without data plan, thats whats most important to me. i dont even use facebook and twitter. i do use facebook messenger actually but that one also works without data plan
    04-05-13 05:27 PM
    i have no clue about viber, but whatsapp works well on the 9900. i actually prefer the UI on the 9900 over whatsapp for the z10. i believe you can also use whatsapp on wifi instead of a cellular network.
    04-05-13 05:45 PM
    I used whatsapp on my bold 9930. Nice interface and it worked well.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:44 PM