Was perusing the Wal-Mart website, and saw some REALLY good deals on BB's.
    Curve 8900 (T-Mobile)-Free
    Storm (Verizon)-$.99
    Tour (Verizon) $49.99
    Here's a link
    BlackBerry Cell Phones
    08-23-09 10:02 PM
    I got an email from Slacker Radio pushing a free Curve with a New 2-yr...

Interesting tie-in.
    08-23-09 10:08 PM
    It kills me that you have to get a new line of service to get the best pricing on a BB. It seems to me that Verizon makes the most money on service. Thus, you would think someone going from a dumb phone to a BB would be as valuable in their eyes and thus be worthy of a reduced price point.
    08-24-09 07:36 AM
    The plans required to get these deals are rather high. I had read an article on it and it was more than just a low voice and data rate, it was pretty up there.
    08-24-09 08:39 AM
    It kills me that you have to get a new line of service to get the best pricing on a BB. It seems to me that Verizon makes the most money on service. Thus, you would think someone going from a dumb phone to a BB would be as valuable in their eyes and thus be worthy of a reduced price point.
    $200 or less for a $400-$500 device IS a reduced price point. They just need to make sure they are going to get those service payments, thus the contract...
    08-24-09 09:17 AM
    The plans required to get these deals are rather high. I had read an article on it and it was more than just a low voice and data rate, it was pretty up there.
    i read that article as well.
    it usually increases your plan by about $25 a month so you can gradually pay for the phone.
    dumb idea if you ask me.
    if you dont have the money to buy the blackberry up front you shouldnt try to do it monthly.

i have the same idea about people that bought hummer h2"s and complain about the gas prices, lol
    08-24-09 09:37 AM
    Crackberry device store gives lots of free or at least good deals on phones with a new contract
    08-24-09 09:40 AM
    I didn't notice their plan pricing being high. I need to add two lines to my account in a couple of months and I thought I'd be stuck going to a Tmo store directly where I wouldn't get the best deal on the phones. Walmart's site will actually let the customer alter their current plan (going from individual to a family plan) and add additional lines and honor their new contract pricing on the new phone (currently, the 8900 is free and the 8520 is $49!). On top of that, I believe I'll be able to port the existing phone numbers over to my account (that function was farther in the checkout process than I wanted to go).
    Last edited by ellegee; 08-24-09 at 12:31 PM.
    08-24-09 11:00 AM
    I added a curve to my account the phone was 8.88 plus tax. I'm with Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD