This deal is so good it should be on the front page. Walmart is having a promotion buy any blackberry and get $100 Gift Card. Right now prices on line are cheaper than in store. All prices below are NOT including the free gift card. (When you see Free plus $100 gift card that means you make $100 gift card)

For example...
    Verizon - New 2 yr plan
    Storm 2 - 299.00 Retail - $200 instant discount = $99.00 plus $100 Gift Card
    Storm 189.00 Retail -189.00 instant discount =Free plus $100 Gift Card

Sprint -
    Tour - $99 after instant discount plus $100 gift card
    Curve 8350i - $49 after instant discount plus $100 gift card

T-Mobile
    Curve 8900 is free plus $100 gift card
    (or $29.99 plus $100 gift card with their flex pay)
    Bold is "coming soon"

AT& T is even better and adds the $100 Gift card as well as a free 4gig Micro SD card! ... New 2 Yr Plan
    Bold comes to $10.01 plus $100 gift card plus memory card
    Curve 8900 is Free Plus $100 gift card plus memory card

There are many more phones available chances are they are free or better. It says the deal is good on renewals as well and some of those prices vary for example Verizon was cheaper for a renewal than a new plan but t-mobile and sprint were a little bit more for a renewal. Here's the link to the walmart page....

Walmart Connection Center - Browse for Cell Phones

Here's the details...

http://www1-walmart.letstalk.com/pro...art_100_gc.pdf

here is the link to the details...
    11-14-09 07:33 AM
    I would advise caution when considering the deeply discounted startup packages from big box retailers.

The cost of the BlackBerry is tiny fraction of the total commitment you will be making. The cost of the carrier voice and data package includes the up front discounts.

What is the real cost over the next couple years?
    11-14-09 09:49 AM
    Agreed. Plus, what am I going to buy at WalMart with my $100 "free" gift card? A bunch of plastic crap made in China? I'll stick to what I know, but thanks OP for the info.
    11-14-09 09:51 AM
    I would advise caution when considering the deeply discounted startup packages from big box retailers.

The cost of the BlackBerry is tiny fraction of the total commitment you will be making. The cost of the carrier voice and data package includes the up front discounts.

What is the real cost over the next couple years?
    I was thinking about getting my Storm II at this Walmart sale event. What are the problems with getting the phone at Walmart?:confused:
    Last edited by RVNut; 11-14-09 at 10:33 AM.
    11-14-09 10:28 AM
    What's the difference whether you buy it at Wal-Mart or a corporate store. You still have to carry a data and voice plan for the duration of the contract with your carrier. Heck Verizon has a $350.00 ETF fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 10:38 AM
    the only problems I've come across is that the company they subsidize their phones with "lets talk" requires you to keep the phone for 6 months or pay a $250 "equipment recovery fee" if you choose to leave the company or make any changes to your plan that would lower the pricing within that time frame. the free/cheap price is only with certain plans. if you want to choose a different plan it will affect the price you pay for the phone.
    11-14-09 10:47 AM
    I was thinking about getting my Storm II at this Walmart sale event. What are the problems with getting the phone at Walmart?:confused:
    the only problems I've come across is that the company they subsidize their phones with "lets talk" requires you to keep the phone for 6 months or pay a $250 "equipment recovery fee" if you choose to leave the company or make any changes to your plan that would lower the pricing within that time frame. the free/cheap price is only with certain plans. if you want to choose a different plan it will affect the price you pay for the phone.
    Thank you, good answer Terota.

The point is, shopping for a carrier plan is important, you will be paying for it for a long time.
    11-14-09 11:17 AM
    I think Wal-Mart may be using this as a draw for Black Friday sales. Even if the deal is out now, most people are waiting to see what phones they are interested in will drop where (if they haven't already), where they will drop, etc. - Wal-Mart wants its customers to come to them for EVERYTHING, including phone needs.

So, what's $100 to them per person when they make more money than most retailers?

I have mixed feelings about it, I can see the positives for people who don't have phones yet, but it seems to have more motive than a serial killer..
    11-14-09 11:20 AM
    I've bought a 8220, two 8520's and a Moto Cliq from Walmart. No problems. If Walmart is going to sell the 9700 I will get it there to. Especially if I'm going to get 100 back.
    11-14-09 12:37 PM
    Wow, those are some pretty sweet deals. I do hate Wal-mart though and wouldn't want to give them my money (or business in the case of a free device).
    11-14-09 12:39 PM
    so basically that means i could get a sprint tour for $99 and the $100 gift card making it practically freE?
    11-14-09 12:56 PM
    The only other downside to buying from someone other than your carrier is you have no insurance from your carrier for these phones. I bought my curve from Wally World and could not insure it through VZW.

11-14-09 02:16 PM
    The only other downside to buying from someone other than your carrier is you have no insurance from your carrier for these phones. I bought my curve from Wally World and could not insure it through VZW.

I was able to add insurance the day after I received my Tour. Not sure why they wouldn't do it for you? I'm also on Verizon.
    11-14-09 03:17 PM
    well on the flip side the phone WAS 79.99 a few days ago then it shot up to 100.00 today. i guess wal mart figured it out that they was going to pay you $20.00 just to get the storm 2 (-79.99+ 100.00 gift card= +$20.00) but you can get it directly through Letstalk.com and save yourself $20.00. By the way, the shipping is free 2 day is $5 and overnight is $15.00
    11-14-09 04:59 PM
    well on the flip side the phone WAS 79.99 a few days ago then it shot up to 100.00 today. i guess wal mart figured it out that they was going to pay you $20.00 just to get the storm 2 (-79.99+ 100.00 gift card= +$20.00) but you can get it directly through Letstalk.com and save yourself $20.00. By the way, the shipping is free 2 day is $5 and overnight is $15.00
    I spoke with the on line group yesterday and did not order due to the fact that they activate the phone before they ship it and your current phone therefore is no longer works, ie, you are without a phone until the new one arrives. Just FYI!
    11-15-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD