Look, RIM got attention, the whole world was talking about it, it was bold, aggressive and intriguing. I neither know nor care if it's enough for you but it's certainly enough for me to consider it brilliant.
    We have different standards for brilliant. It's easy to get attention. Just hold a rally outside of an Apple Store, film it, and put it on the web. Better yet, blow up an Apple Store and get even more attention. The world will be talking and you will get your fifteen minutes of infamy. Let's see how the backlash plays out.

Brilliant would be launching a campaign that concluded with people excited about buying your products. For this campaign, there is no product. Just a desperate company jumping up and down in front of an Apple Store yelling, "Look at me!" to everyone that passes by. When they do stop and look, RIM has nothing to say except the kind of juvenile brand warfare you find on fan-site discussion boards. Brilliant.
    05-06-12 04:42 PM
    We have different standards for brilliant. It's easy to get attention. Just hold a rally outside of an Apple Store, film it, and put it on the web. Better yet, blow up an Apple Store and get even more attention. The world will be talking and you will get your fifteen minutes of infamy. Let's see how the backlash plays out.

Brilliant would be launching a campaign that concluded with people excited about buying your products. For this campaign, there is no product. Just a desperate company jumping up and down in front of an Apple Store yelling, "Look at me!" to everyone that passes by. When they do stop and look, RIM has nothing to say except the kind of juvenile brand warfare you find on fan-site discussion boards. Brilliant.

Have a nice day.
    05-06-12 04:47 PM
    personally i dont think the whole world is talking about it. I have not seen any mention of this outside of crackberry and a couple other forums. No newspaper coverage and i cant say i saw any tv coverage
    05-06-12 05:47 PM
    It definitely made news in Australia.

This is probably RIM's new focus, a device that gets you on the business of life, not for distraction. Nowadays, apparently there is too much of the latter. That's what they call 'float'.

All I can say is, let's see where this goes.
    05-06-12 07:56 PM
    It definitely made news in Australia.

This is probably RIM's new focus, a device that gets you on the business of life, not for distraction. Nowadays, apparently there is too much of the latter. That's what they call 'float'.

All I can say is, let's see where this goes.
    This is all empty rhetoric, so I hope that is not their plan. What exactly is the business of life, and how does RIM facilitate that better than, say, WP7? What are all those games RIM is paying big money to get on the platform? Is that life when played on a BB, but distraction when played on an iPhone? RIM is working awfully hard to get as much "float" as they can. This is just meaningless.
    05-06-12 08:09 PM
    Wow that was really neat if I must say so.

It shows where RIM is heading in their marketing direction which I'm really liking. It's to get things done. Being in business.

Basically they're merging business and consumer into one with that statement. Like Kevin said in a few of his videos and posts. It's niche market where there's a lot of opportunity.
    05-06-12 09:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD