Hi everybody,

I've searched and found nothing overly relevant, unless I'm blind.

I'm away from my office 2 days per week and recently got a trial of RDM+ for my Storm. RDM is Remote Desktop for Mobiles +.

I would like to be able to leave my office computer turned off and be able to power it on remotely from my blackberry (in an effort to conserve power, the whole green green green thing these days)...

Is there a relatively easy way of setting this up? I know Wake-on-LAN exists and that my computer supports it. I just don't know how to trigger it and to make sure the magic packets flow through my router to my computer...

Another problem is that my IP address constantly changes (my ISP is setup that way), so it's not static... is there a way around that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    04-21-09 06:15 PM
    This site might help with the dynamic IP (though I haven't tested it in the scenario you are talking about): No-IP - Dynamic DNS, Static DNS for Your Dynamic IP
    You install something on your computer than updates the IP to a hostname (so you might just be able to type the hostname into the IP part of a WOL...?)

I haven't found a dedicated WOL program for the BB, but some websites offer online WOL.
    WOL Online - PDA/Phone Version used to work for me but now my BB won't load it for some reason :\

You can also try WOL - Wake On Lan - Rechner über das Internet starten

If you find anything better or get it working well, please post back here to share the wealth!
    05-16-09 10:38 AM
    sorry for bumping this thread.

is there an app available for remote starting pc with blackberry?

or ist there another way for starting pc with blackberry?
    10-12-09 03:04 PM
    sorry for bumping this thread.

is there an app available for remote starting pc with blackberry?

or ist there another way for starting pc with blackberry?
    I'm also looking for such an application. I don't feel comfortable using a web service, especially typing in the information all the time.
    11-08-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD