I've tried to use VZW Navigator on my new Bold Touch 9930 and keep getting a failure to determine current location!!!??? It says it may be because of poor signal or low battery but I've got full signal bars and a full battery:>(

Anybody have success ( or similar issue)?

Glad I only signed up for a week to try it out!
    08-26-11 05:56 PM
    Is your GPS set to on?

Options> Device> Location Settings, make sure it's set to "Location On" and not 911 only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-11 06:21 PM
    Is your GPS set to on?

Options> Device> Location Settings, make sure it's set to "Location On" and not 911 only.

Ah yes, I did think of that... Google and Bing maps have no problem finding my location quickly.
    08-26-11 06:43 PM
    Have you tried deleting and reinstalling it?

If I were you I'd call Verizon and bi!ch. You're paying money each month for that, so if it's not working let them deal with it. I've never used it, so I'm not familiar with it, but there shouldn't be any problems.

Maybe someone else will come by with more input...

08-26-11 06:57 PM
    If google and bing are only using innaccurate cell location and VZ navigator requires internal gps but it's not enabled, that would be why they act differently.
    08-26-11 06:59 PM
    GPS is on and the locations on Google and Bing maps are spot on accurate using internal GPS. (turns out these had been screwed up by the leaked OS .353). I had used bing maps before the install and they had worked...

I can subscribe for as little as 1 day for 2.99 so it's not a monthly cost unless I subscribe to a monthly plan. As I said before, I subscribed for a week @ 4.99 to use it this weekend. I had Garmin navigation on my storm 2 but that's not available for the 9930.

I'll call Vzw if need be if there's no one here with a solution.
    Last edited by chasvs; 08-26-11 at 09:04 PM.
    08-26-11 07:05 PM
    Check the app permissions and make sure it's set to allow Location access.
    08-26-11 07:06 PM
    Well it seems the .353 leaked OS screwed up my GPS. Just reinstalled the official Verizon OS .254 and it works just fine.
    08-26-11 09:02 PM
    mine finds my location within 4.3 miles....i thought it was supposed to be better than that
    08-26-11 10:31 PM
    I have used VZ Navigator for about 2 years. Until about 2-3 months ago, I never had any problems. On my Tour 9630 VZ Navigator stopped working about 1/2 the time. One day it would find my location, for example at home, then the next day it wouldn't. Since it was an old phone (with a failing battery), I didn't worry about it. However, I recently got a Bold 9930 and I am having the exact same problem. Like right now, Blackberry Maps finds my exact location but VZ Navigator won't. I called Verizon Wirless a couple of days ago and they "reset" the settings but that apparently did not help. I am going to try to uninstall/reinstall and, if that doesn't work, I will call support once more. After that I will cancel VZ Navigator... Unfortunately, Blackberry Maps doesn't provide all the same funtionality.
    08-28-11 01:43 PM
    VZ Nav is working fine on my 9930 with .353 OS.
    08-28-11 11:25 PM
    VZ Nav is working fine on my 9930 with .353 OS.
    Well for some reason it just won't on mine :>( I tried loading it again yesterday and had the same results. Also tried .340 and that broke the GPS as well. Only way I can get GPS to work on all apps is with Verizon .254. But it works fine so there's no need for me to go further right now anyway..
    08-29-11 08:28 AM
    I have just had Verizon send me a new 9930 after a full week of no gps service to "spotty" gps service. Now after reading here, am wondering if there is something else going on. A reliable gps is essential, ver tech support...all but useless--same with going into the service centers.

09-09-11 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD