I've waited since feb to replace blackberry with 4g blackberry. New models announced for VZW. No 4g. Checked blackberry specs and no 4g. Do I wait to dec 2011 for 4g os7???

If wait till dec 2011 will it be os 7 or qnx???? I have no faith that blackberry will deliver flawless devices with new os on time in January so makes no sense to wait if not os7.
    08-17-11 08:12 AM
    Where's the link? Post the article in your threads please.
    08-17-11 08:31 AM
    I've waited since feb to replace blackberry with 4g blackberry. New models announced for VZW. No 4g. Checked blackberry specs and no 4g. Do I wait to dec 2011 for 4g os7???

If wait till dec 2011 will it be os 7 or qnx???? I have no faith that blackberry will deliver flawless devices with new os on time in January so makes no sense to wait if not os7.
    I stopped into the Verizon store next to my work a few minutes ago, and they said they'd have 9900's in stores on 8/25, maybe 8/24. As is their way, for some reason they have stripped all evidence that Blackberry ever existed from their store while they are waiting. No old models, no signs, no displays. Stealth marketing at its finest.
    08-17-11 02:58 PM
    Same info here - Blackberry store rep called & said they have a demo 9930 available to play with, will go on sale in the store on 8/25.

And then he claimed to know nothing about the 9850. ARGH!!!
    08-17-11 07:16 PM

These devices were never going to be 4g on verizon's network, at this time you need two radio chips to do both cdma and lte which pushes up costs and reduces battery life not to mention additional radio coding and testing to get the lte radio working under os7.

We will not see lte blackberries until qnx because it doesn't make sense wasting development time on implementing an immature radio technology on os7 when os7 is being replaced next year by the qnx devices.

If you wait until dec 2011 then you almost certainly still won't see a 4g blackberry on verizon, rim will use the 3g/4g playbooks to iron out the issues with the radio code before it needs to be optimised further for the smaller batteries that will come in the qnx phones.
    08-17-11 08:17 PM
    The Bold 9930 isn't 4g but it is a sweet phone. My wife had a curve and she has been waiting impatiently to upgrade. If you read the forums here almost everyone agrees that RIM has done a fabulous job on the new Bold. There is no questions that this is the best BB ever! I have a Storm 2 which I like a lot. I like the bigger screen with the virtual keyboard. I haven't decided if I'm going to get the replacement for the Storm when it comes out or wait for the QNX phones.
    08-19-11 03:34 PM
    thanks guys. This is great and useful information. Im going with the 9930. I agree its an otherwise sweet phone. I also figure that since I have a mifi I could always wifi and make it surf at 4g if really really necessary. Finally, I think this is the last of a line and I dont want to be a pioneer with qnx.By the time I can upgrade again, the qnx will be stable with all the software I need converted or reengineered
    08-19-11 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD