There is an ad on the main page for a BB Thunder from VZW to complete offers, the following was in the disclaimer...

Cellular service not included.

You must use Verizon Wireless service with the Blackberry Thunder.

Fulfillment may be delayed based on availability. Once you have completed the Program Requirements, if the product is not yet available to ConsumerIncentiveRewards, you may choose the equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer.

ConsumerIncentiveRewards's Gift Program is not endorsed, sponsored by or affiliated with Blackberry or Research In Motion Limited Corp., Verizon Wireless or Verizon Trademark Services LLC. Such terms are registered trademarks of their respective owners.

This promotion is conducted exclusively by ConsumerIncentiveRewards. To receive the gift for this promotion you must: 1) register with valid information; 2) complete the user survey; 3) complete at least 2 Silver, 2 Gold and 4 Platinum offers. Available offers will vary and some offers may require a purchase to qualify. Receipt of your item requires compliance with offer terms, including: age and residency requirements; registration with valid email address, shipping address and contact phone number; completion of user survey and sponsor promotions; and not canceling your participation in more than two Sponsor Offers within 60 days of your Sponsor Offer Initial Transaction Date (the Cancellation Limitation). Upon valid completion of all Program Requirements we will ship your item to the shipping address you provided. Unless otherwise indicated, participation eligibility is restricted to US residents, 18 and over. Void where prohibited. Note: Promotion Terms and Conditions prevail over sponsor offer terms and conditions.
    03-23-09 07:34 AM
    i saw this too... It looked like a sleeker version of the storm. I know the storm was originally named thunder, but it still raised some questions after seeing that ad.
    03-23-09 07:36 AM
    That picture is the fake mock up picture we saw early on during the chase for the Storm. Generally those fulfillment offers are just scams to get email addresses and to get people to fill out subscription offers (like Netflicks & Columbia House). Rarely if EVER do you "qualify" for the "prize".
    03-23-09 07:44 AM
    There is an ad on the main page for a BB Thunder from VZW to complete offers, the following was in the disclaimer...

Cellular service not included.

You must use Verizon Wireless service with the Blackberry Thunder.

Fulfillment may be delayed based on availability. Once you have completed the Program Requirements, if the product is not yet available to ConsumerIncentiveRewards, you may choose the equivalent item or the cash equivalent if you do not wish to wait for our ability to fulfill this offer.

ConsumerIncentiveRewards's Gift Program is not endorsed, sponsored by or affiliated with Blackberry or Research In Motion Limited Corp., Verizon Wireless or Verizon Trademark Services LLC. Such terms are registered trademarks of their respective owners.

This promotion is conducted exclusively by ConsumerIncentiveRewards. To receive the gift for this promotion you must: 1) register with valid information; 2) complete the user survey; 3) complete at least 2 Silver, 2 Gold and 4 Platinum offers. Available offers will vary and some offers may require a purchase to qualify. Receipt of your item requires compliance with offer terms, including: age and residency requirements; registration with valid email address, shipping address and contact phone number; completion of user survey and sponsor promotions; and not canceling your participation in more than two Sponsor Offers within 60 days of your Sponsor Offer Initial Transaction Date (the Cancellation Limitation). Upon valid completion of all Program Requirements we will ship your item to the shipping address you provided. Unless otherwise indicated, participation eligibility is restricted to US residents, 18 and over. Void where prohibited. Note: Promotion Terms and Conditions prevail over sponsor offer terms and conditions.
    Have you ever seen what those gold and platinum offers that you have to complete consist of? You'd be better off buying an unlocked Thunder at full price when it comes out!
    03-23-09 08:36 AM
    The "thunder" is out, it's now called the Storm, that picture is an ancient mock up that was LONG since dismissed. I think BGR posted it first. It's a photoshop.
    03-23-09 08:39 AM
    Just to set the record straight...
    I would never do one of those offers.
    I just find it hard to believe that people do, if you have done it and got what you were suppose to, kudos to you and show me the proof that it worked.
    ...just dumb!
    03-23-09 10:49 AM
    It's a phishing scam of sorts designed to recruit people into a multi-level marketing program.

I've heard some folks say that they are great programs, usually for those who get in at or near the top of the pyramid. For everyone else you'll be lucky to break even and get anything at all out of it.
    03-23-09 11:28 AM
    I was just about to post something about this. I can't believe CB is allowing that scam to operate on the site.
    03-23-09 09:18 PM
    It's a google ad not a CB ad per say.
    03-23-09 09:20 PM
    The "thunder" is out, it's now called the Storm, that picture is an ancient mock up that was LONG since dismissed. I think BGR posted it first. It's a photoshop.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was also a little confused about the picture of the "Thunder". I've never seen or heard about it anywhere else, except the pop-up ad that appears here on the main page.
    03-24-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD