02-05-12 10:56 PM
62 123
tools
    <Snip>Isn't the customer always right? I'm glad your mom stood up for herself!
    No, the customer isn't always right. There are several problems:
    1) The sales people can't find their with both hands.
    2) The customer has used product X, and has just accepted that the way product X does or doesn't do things is 'Just the way it's done industry wide'. Think of the way that you have to add attachments in emails in iOS vs the way it's done in BB.
    3) Prioritization of priorities. What's more important, customization of the UI, security, email, Angry Birds ? Sometimes the least import of your priorities gets placed first, part of this is a result of problem number 1.

OP, congrats to your mom for keeping those sales people in line

Verizon is all Android.
    iPhone Speeds Past 4G LTE Smartphone Sales at Verizon

iPhone grabbed 55% of Verizons sales last quarter. Hardly all Android.
    What is funny is there 'Flagship' phone is the Galaxy Nexus.
    Last edited by Mr.Willie; 02-05-12 at 09:43 AM.
    JoziGrrl likes this.
    02-05-12 09:37 AM
    I was at a concert and when the main act came on a lot of people started filming with their phone. I would say that close to a third seemed to be BlackBerry phones. And this was a young crowd for the most part. It put a smile on my face.

James
    02-05-12 10:14 AM
    News Flash! Used Car Salesman told little old lady that the POS car she bought was in GREAT condition!

It's a salesperson. They tell you whatever increases their paycheck at the end of the week. Heck, I'LL tell you that RIM is bankrupt and BlackBerry is obsolete if you pay me enough.
    02-05-12 01:41 PM
    These topics come up so often. People at VZW have told me that they discourage them after all the BB related troubles from the past. The Storm series was a huge pain for them when aggravated customers come in and when the fancy new BB10 comes out they are going to get complaints from people stuck in contracts with BB7. They basically just want RIM to be out of the US market and their method is pushing Androids and iPhones.
    02-05-12 02:41 PM
    My VZW store told me today that they do not carry BlackBerry phones any longer because they do not sell and there is no display or signage whatsoever. He said that they could specail order the Bold 9930, Torch or the Curve if someone really wanted one, but he didn't know why anyone would want one when they could get a 4G Android phone for less money. He didn't bother to try and show me the iPhones on display either, but tried to hand me his card as I walked out, "no thanks" I said and left.
    02-05-12 03:35 PM
    The same basic thing happened to me in Rockford, IL recently. I went in to upgrade my Storm 2 9550. When I told the rep that I wanted the Bold 9930, he tried to steer me to Android or Apple saying they had so many more apps than BlackBerry and they were so much better. When I told him I wanted to stay with BlackBerry because of my Playbook, he got a kind of disgusted look on his face and finally went to get the Bold. It was almost like "I must not be cool because I wanted BlackBerry. All the cool kids have Android or Apple."
    It is likely that the reps have learned how to navigate the iphone and Android phones and do not want to be bothered wit the setup on Blackberries. Pretty sad, but not surprising. Welcome to the service economy.
    02-05-12 03:46 PM
    The Storm series was a huge pain for them when aggravated customers come in and when the fancy new BB10 comes out they are going to get complaints from people stuck in contracts with BB7.
    And rather than calling this a rational response to the Storm experience, and an understanding of just how mad today's BB vii buyer will be when X/10 launches and legacy develop stops, we call it "bias".

Should the reps ignore their recent experience with RIM phones, and the obvious anger the "Osborne" OS transition is going to bring?
    02-05-12 04:05 PM
    As somebody else pointed out I firmly believe it has alot to do with the fact that Android and Iphone devices are huge data hogs, and as we all know VZW has never met an extra fee it didn't like.
    02-05-12 05:09 PM
    Bad sales persons shouldn't even have jobs at a store that sells Canadian-made products. Maybe he or she should work in any store but a carrier's. That's my thoughts. If I was the customer, I would film it secretly and then e-mail it to the manager, or show it to them once I asked to speak to the manager, assuming the manager isn't as bad as the salesperson.
    02-05-12 07:24 PM
    And rather than calling this a rational response to the Storm experience, and an understanding of just how mad today's BB vii buyer will be when X/10 launches and legacy develop stops, we call it "bias".

Should the reps ignore their recent experience with RIM phones, and the obvious anger the "Osborne" OS transition is going to bring?
    Too funny, the dishonest salesman as victim spin.
    02-05-12 07:40 PM
    -selfcensored-
    02-05-12 10:51 PM
    I would never hold back because of new devices replacing mine. I don't care either. If I had a big blue blackberry with a sim (that matched AWS 1700 frequency), then I'd still be happy.
    02-05-12 10:56 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD