• Finalist #1 ... WHERE is my BB?

121 20.61%
  • Finalist #2 ... My dog ate my Storm.

205 34.92%
  • Finalist #3 ... WHERE in my pocket

73 12.44%
  • Finalist #4 ... Where dot com is hot

5 0.85%
  • Finalist #5 ... Scared. Dark, lonely street.

14 2.39%
  • Finalist #6 ... On my desk Storm brews,

30 5.11%
  • Finalist #7 ... What makes life merry?

68 11.58%
  • Finalist #8 ... Attached to my hip

24 4.09%
  • Finalist #9 ... Storm is in my hand

27 4.60%
  • Finalist #10 ... In a new city

20 3.41%
    WHERE picked out all the finalists..... CrackBerry.com not involved in choosing the top ten.

I did take a read through though... there were a lot of good ones in there. It's kind of like that What Would You do for a BlackBerry Storm Contest? we ran before... trying to narrow down hundreds/thousands of entries to just ten always makes for tough choices that the some of the community will like/dislike.

Either way, congrats to all the finalists and good luck. Be sure to vote!
    How very, very disappointing. Not only are 99% of these Top 10 lame and not funny, nearly every single one of them does not adhere to the Haiku regulation. 4 5 8? Oh well, so much for sticking to the contest rules.

Ugh.
    Last edited by fimchick; 03-12-09 at 11:50 AM.
    03-12-09 11:47 AM
    #8 isn't a true haiku. 5 / 8 / 5. the fix is in!

I vote #1
    03-12-09 11:55 AM
    Yea thought they said the top ten funniest! These aren't funny at all! Thought for sure mine would be there!!

Between your wife's thighs
    Her vibrator's out of juice
    My storm smells like fish

Thought that atleast deserved something!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 11:57 AM
    i voted number 2 lol
    03-12-09 11:58 AM
    as much as i want to win #2 is gunna take the cake! lol
    03-12-09 12:00 PM
    I must say that I'm a little upset with the top 10. The purpose of the contest was to explain where your blackberry is right now, using the standard format of 5 - 7 - 5, and making it funny. Now I am not a sore loser, but i would like to address why I think Where should have voted for other people instead of this top 10.

Lets start things off with #2
    While it is very clever and funny, it was a lie; We all know that his dog didn't eat his blackberry.

Moving down the list lets look at #4
    Just because it mentions that where.com is hot doesn't mean that they should have been in the top 10. No where in the haiku does it mention where the blackberry is.

Now lets look at #7
    Well lets start off with along with #4 it does not mention where the blackberry is, not to mention it doesn't even mention WHERE in it at all.

Finally we reach #8
    Now this might be the biggest fault of all.
    A |ttached |to |my |hip =5
    my |faith |ful |com |pan |ion |a |waits =8
    WHERE, |helps |me |find |mates =5

I think this contest while it was fun to join, was a load of crap. I guess if anyone us wanted to win, we should have posted this.

Where Where Where Where Where
    Where Where Where Where Where Where Where
    Where Where Where Where Where

p.s. i dont blame crackberry at all.
    Last edited by Andreano7625; 03-12-09 at 12:07 PM.
    03-12-09 12:01 PM
    I think I read some better ones when I was looking through the original post. Congrats on who was picked though! Good luck!
    03-12-09 12:04 PM
    None... cuz the one with the chick sayin it was in her boobies should be a finialist!!!...but in good sport...ill say.....it is a tie between #3 and #7, but #3 used WHERE so, thats my vote!
    03-12-09 12:08 PM
    lol no offense to anybody, but they're all kind of.. lame.
    So i'll stick this one out and not vote :-P
    "I agree-gree... I was gonna make one, but I figured that it wouldn't be good enough, but I honestly think I could've done better... I think the 1st one was the best though..."
    03-12-09 12:18 PM
    WHERE picked out all the finalists..... CrackBerry.com not involved in choosing the top ten.

I did take a read through though... there were a lot of good ones in there. It's kind of like that What Would You do for a BlackBerry Storm Contest? we ran before... trying to narrow down hundreds/thousands of entries to just ten always makes for tough choices that the some of the community will like/dislike.

Either way, congrats to all the finalists and good luck. Be sure to vote!
    Hey Kev . . . Forget WHERE! Why don't you pick your top 10 fav's for a crackberry giveaway. I'm sure you have something you can pull from your sleeve. There were some rediculously funny entries that did not make it. It would be cool to see the top hilarious entires and see the writers rewared for their crackberry creativity.
    03-12-09 12:26 PM
    Omg I Cant Believe I Made It!!!! Please Vote For Meeeee!
    Im surprised you made it as well. Didnt they say to be funny, or mention "Where" in the haiku?

Sorry, but I have to agree with the others who posted saying that the top 10 is... um... lacking.
    A couple are ok, but they're neither creative or funny.

I'll stay out of the voting here as well because I read about 1000 of those entries and I can find 50 that were better than anything here (in my opinion, of course)
    03-12-09 01:04 PM
    Im surprised you made it as well. Didnt they say to be funny, or mention "Where" in the haiku?

Sorry, but I have to agree with the others who posted saying that the top 10 is... um... lacking.
    A couple are ok, but they're neither creative or funny.

I'll stay out of the voting here as well because I read about 1000 of those entries and I can find 50 that were better than anything here (in my opinion, of course)
    It didn't say you HAD to mention where, but he said it gave you EXTRA brownie points.

oh well you should still vote for me
    03-12-09 01:07 PM
    #8 isn't a true haiku.
    For real, I can't believe that out of 1800+ posts (with probably 2000+ Haikus) they managed to pick a poem for the top 10 that didn't even follow the 5-7-5 format of a Haiku. They even took two extra days to pick them, haha. Epic Failure.

Seriously though, good luck to everyone that was chosen!

Skytrain.
    03-12-09 01:14 PM
    We should win something for voting for these. Torture
    03-12-09 01:22 PM
    #7. This contest we pretty weak...
    03-12-09 01:23 PM
    #7. This contest we pretty weak...
    I actually agree with you because i didn't think mine was nearly as good as most of them in the first post. but hey! since it is what it is everyone should vote for meeeeee! lol

really tho #2 is kicking a**. He/She should win.
    03-12-09 01:26 PM

03-12-09 01:28 PM
    there were better, will pass on this vote. I CALL DO OVER!!lol!
    03-12-09 01:47 PM
    #7 does it for me!
    03-12-09 01:49 PM
    these ten are not right
    others are still in the fight
    they should get the win!

PS? (some of mine, perhaps>!)
    03-12-09 01:50 PM
    there were better, will pass on this vote. I CALL DO OVER!!lol!
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 03-12-09 at 01:55 PM. Reason: repeat
    03-12-09 01:53 PM
    Omg I Cant Believe I Made It!!!! Please Vote For Meeeee!
    Good luck to you. I hope you win, but I can't vote for you. Not that yours isn't good enough, but I just feel like Where didn't really go through the posts to find the very best ones. So I can't vote. But congratz on getting picked, and I really do hope you win. At least you seem very excited, I haven't seen any of the other 9 people posting here like you are. So you should win just for your enthusiasm.
    03-12-09 02:14 PM
    I had a Celebrity read my Haikus WT.... even without that I had at least one better than one of those!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm switching to iPhone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-12-09 02:26 PM
    Haiku's don't make any sense to me in the first place..
    Might be the reason nothing really catches my eye.
    03-12-09 02:37 PM
    I hope the folks from WHERE are looking at this thread. Count me among the disappointed.

There were some really funny ones on the original thread, including about a dozen that made me blow coffee out of my nose ... and these aren't any of them.

Not to mention, there's a couple that aren't even in proper Haiku form.

I'm beginning to think they just picked 10 at random.
    03-12-09 02:53 PM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD