• Finalist #1 ... WHERE is my BB?

121 20.61%
  • Finalist #2 ... My dog ate my Storm.

205 34.92%
  • Finalist #3 ... WHERE in my pocket

73 12.44%
  • Finalist #4 ... Where dot com is hot

5 0.85%
  • Finalist #5 ... Scared. Dark, lonely street.

14 2.39%
  • Finalist #6 ... On my desk Storm brews,

30 5.11%
  • Finalist #7 ... What makes life merry?

68 11.58%
  • Finalist #8 ... Attached to my hip

24 4.09%
  • Finalist #9 ... Storm is in my hand

27 4.60%
  • Finalist #10 ... In a new city

20 3.41%
    This contest is lame
    I am through feelin' all the pain.
    WHERE be ashamed.

There i made another haiku. for ya'll

They worked as hard on picking finalists as they did on their app.
    In other words not very hard! it cant find anything but the weather for me.

Complaining about the app aside. I'd be surprised if they just didn't pick 10 at random. Which is more believeable.

As for the 10 finalists. congratulations. I'll be picking one of you at random with a number generator. And you'll be getting my vote.

I know you have a great site kevin. I won't knock you.
    But i think judging by the response this contest was a dud with your users.
    I think it upset more than it enticed to use Where's software.
    But that's the world we live in.

So without further ado..........

Drumroll please............................

The random number generator has picked you number 2.

Congratulations you've won(lucked out with) my vote!
    03-12-09 08:42 PM
    This contest is lame
    I am through feelin' all the pain.
    WHERE be ashamed.

There i made another haiku. for ya'll

They worked as hard on picking finalists as they did on their app.
    In other words not very hard! it cant find anything but the weather for me.

Complaining about the app aside. I'd be surprised if they just didn't pick 10 at random. Which is more believeable.

As for the 10 finalists. congratulations. I'll be picking one of you at random with a number generator. And you'll be getting my vote.

I know you have a great site kevin. I won't knock you.
    But i think judging by the response this contest was a dud with your users.
    I think it upset more than it enticed to use Where's software.
    But that's the world we live in.

So without further ado..........

Drumroll please............................

The random number generator has picked you number 2.

Congratulations you've won(lucked out with) my vote!

SOMEBODY GIVE THAT MAN A KLONDIKE!!!!!!!!

Due to the fact that my fraternity has 3 founders, thats who I choose!!!

BLU PHIIIIII!
    03-12-09 08:47 PM
    |\\
    |\\\\
    |\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    |\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    |\\\Where.com\\\
    |\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    |
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

\-----------------|--------------------/
    \------------------------S.S Failboat-/
    \-----------------------------------/
    \----------------------------------/
    03-12-09 09:22 PM
    Eww they all are... Bleh.. Ill vote for the dog, I at least got a ha. Out of that one
    03-12-09 10:50 PM
    This is far to few voters. This should be put back at the top of the blog list. 2000 entrants and 400 votes for finalists. We need to hear from people no matter who you vote for and who you like. I'm starting to think that most of the comments are from people who didn't make the finals. Although I will say that I really don't like most of the ten finalists besides my own piece. I know I'm not being impartial, but I did spend a bit of time trying to put together something that was quippy/witty and in turn somewhat funny, that incorporated "Where" and flowed nicely and fluidly in the 5-7-5 traditional English haiku form. I honestly don't see that from any of the other top 10 finalists. Haiku's are about fluidity as they are so short. Simply matching the 5-7-5 syllables does not equate to a good haikuk, or any poem for that matter. So more people please vote and vote for the person that you think wrote the best haiku according to the rules. I'm sorry but the rules said and are more than just being "funny." There were many ideas/rules for this contest, and "humor" was not the only one. Besides I'm the Urban Cowboy. Draw sucka!
    03-12-09 11:02 PM
    Me personally. I know my original contest haiku sucked.
    That's no biggie. I just think they could have made a lot better choices.

:-)
    03-13-09 12:17 AM
    I don't mean to be a negative Nancy or a sore loser or anything...but seriously these were the top 10? Granted, I think the dog one was pretty good...I read almost all the submitted entries and there were definitely funnier ones than these. Some of these don't even make that much sense and there's one that cheated the line structure to make a haiku. Even if I took my entry out of the running I would have at least included some that weren't chosen as finalists (there's a toilet one in the beginning pages that was pretty good...at least better than these). I thought they were being selected by creativity and humor, but these are just nonsensical drab. And for those of you who comment back saying get over it and you're just mad you didn't win...well yeah I am. I don't think WHERE actually read the whole list and instead just randomly chose some. I mean some of these people already have Storms and Bolds too...how could you possibly upgrade your phone any more? I'm still voting hardcore for the dog one because that's the only one that makes remote sense of being a finalist. I hope that person wins because then at least the contest will have some validity. CrackBerry 4 Life...BlackBerry 4 Eternity...peace and love....thoroughly disappointed. ~ Me
    03-13-09 06:46 AM
    Stay Tuned CrackBerry! We are listening to your comments and have come up with a way to make you verry happy
    03-13-09 09:17 AM
    for me that is so the truth...when i was in a shopping frenzy the other day, what stayed constantly in my hand?
    my berry...duhh!!
    this one's got it right!
    ahahaha I'm EXACTLY the same. I have my son in one arm and my CRACKBERRY in the other or if I'm out shopping, my purse/money/cc in one hand crackberry in the other!

thanks for the vote, but I've lost all hope in winning
    03-13-09 09:40 AM
    I voted for ya #7, Good luck to all of you!+
    Thank you!
    03-13-09 09:41 AM
    WHERE, are you serious with these "qualifiers"? No offense to the posters, but I have to say, I am ashamed that some of the better ones did not make it. I honestly thought this was going to go down in some sort of bracket voting, i mean seriously...you are giving away a freaking BB, not a copy of your App (which sucks by the way.)

Sorry to be hard on WHERE, but I have given it a hardy try on 3 different occassions, once on my curve, once on my bold when i first got it, and once after this contest....pathetic each and every time. I still go back to googlemaps or even yellow pages. Back to the contest, I too shall be sitting this one out, sigh...such potential for greatness (contest wise, buncha monkies at WHERE...)
    03-13-09 10:24 AM
    Hi Justflorin,

I'll try not to take that personally . We have something in the works which will make you happy.

P.S. Any issues in particular you want to tell me about WHERE on the Bold?
    03-13-09 10:31 AM
    YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR YOUR PEOPLE'S CHOICE FAVORITE!!!!

Vote For Your People's Choice Haiku Contest Winner!! | CrackBerry.com

WHERE.com is giving away a second BlackBerry. Follow the link above and instructions on the post and cast your vote!

Thanks Where!
    03-13-09 11:40 AM
    #3 is the best one.
    03-13-09 12:19 PM
    I agree. I'm disappointed in the top 10. I read some funnier poems. I think WHERE must have chosen their top 10 based on a G rating. Some of the funnier, LOL poems involved potty humor, vibrators, breasts etc.

They should have made it clear what kind of content they were looking for. I agree with an earlier poster. The WHERE marketing team did their job creating this contest. I never heard of them or their app before this contest.

BTW, my vote goes for the Urban Cowboy.
    03-13-09 01:57 PM
    I agree. I'm disappointed in the top 10. I read some funnier poems. I think WHERE must have chosen their top 10 based on a G rating. Some of the funnier, LOL poems involved potty humor, vibrators, breasts etc.

They should have made it clear what kind of content they were looking for. I agree with an earlier poster. The WHERE marketing team did their job creating this contest. I never heard of them or their app before this contest.

BTW, my vote goes for the Urban Cowboy.
    Thank you!
    03-13-09 02:00 PM
    I think the people that posted shameless plugs to try to win this contest are kinda cheating (you know who you are).
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 03-13-09 at 02:13 PM.
    03-13-09 02:10 PM
    I think the people that posted shameless plugs to try to win this contest are kinda cheating (you know who you are).
    Almost everyone that was chosen have been plugging themselves. There were no rules against such. Take off! Troll.
    03-13-09 02:29 PM
    Almost everyone that was chosen have been plugging themselves. There were no rules against such. Take off! Troll.

Whoa! It was a joke....simmer down.
    03-13-09 04:03 PM
    And here's another shameless plug. Please, please, please, please, please vote for one of mine for fan favorite. In my earlier shameless plug, found on page 5 of the comments, are all of my submissions. Although it wasn't my original intent, this will make it easier for you to find some (much) better/funnier haiku's, without having to scroll through pages and pages of worthy submissions.

And regarding the use of shameless plugs - I can't afford an ego - never mind a new phone....So please, please, please, please give me your vote. Thanks...Brian
    03-13-09 04:36 PM
    1 2 Many isn't a troll... He is hilarious, you just need to open up your sense of humor

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 05:44 PM
    Voted for #2. Thought it fitted the brief best out of the ten selected by Where.
    03-13-09 05:57 PM
    My favorite haiku has been my boyfriend's! Very biased, but you be the judge:

Haiku Submission
    By: Namius | Date: Thu, 03/05/2009 - 21:59 | reply

At Bar, waiting now.
    Date won't show, self-pity starts.
    WHERE finds strip club near

His use of WHERE seems to be the most spot on whereas others just used the word 'where'. Funny too cuz I was that date!
    03-13-09 06:14 PM
    Definitely #1... Where? I don't know; but happily returned on day 25. Thank goodness for 30 day worry free guarantee. More like worry free, junk free!
    03-13-09 09:44 PM
    Thanks For The Vote, Simmo77 !
    03-13-09 11:24 PM
118 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD