Hey guys.

Here's a question. Is there an application like this?

I'm looking to have a custom voicemail. For instance, I would like a certain message to play between, for example, 2pm-9pm while I'm at work, and another message to play after 9pm. It would be cool if this was possible so that on separate days, I could customize which voicemail plays.

IE,

Monday 12p-8p, "Work Voicemail." 8p-12p "Unavailable Voicemail"
    Tuesday 4p-12a "Work Voicemal"

So on, so forth. It would be nice because I have different work schedules daily, and usually I cannot answer my phone during work if I'm meeting with a client. However, I am availlable. At night, for instance, I'm just simply sleeping and I don't want to talk after work.

Anyone know of a voicemail service like this? This would be very helpful for those who's schedule changes, and would like a separate voicemail played when they're at work, or they're at the movies, or simply unavailable.
    06-30-08 04:17 PM
    OMG that would be awesome I don't know of a program like that but if I were a programmer I would do it. Every time I call my dealership and get my reps Voicemail it says I am not here it is (day and sometimes even time) and I will be back at whatever time he says. But yeah that is a good request

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 04:23 PM
    It would be a good idea!

I hate when friends call me and I'm at work, and I honestly cannot answer my phone calls, but they think I'm ignoring them. I wish I could make it say "Thanks for calling, I'm at work right now, I'll call you back as soon as I can."
    06-30-08 04:25 PM
    That would be a great program!
    06-30-08 05:05 PM
    I don't know of a third party app but a possible solution, check out: connectmevoice.com https://connectmevoice.com/

You can customize through their web interface for certain messages to play between certain hours. You can also program it to forward directly to voicemail during certain hours and forward to your BB during other hours. You can change the hours as often as you like and it's really easy to do it online.

They start at ten dollars a month. I use them for my business. You can have the number forwarded anywhere you want, your BB, your landline, wherever you are. You can also switch between several lines.
    I have a separate number from my personal cell number (obviously) since it is a business line, but they may offer integrated service if you didn't want a separate line, just separate voicemail.

Might not be what you're looking for though if your main concern is not upsetting your friends.
    I'm not a fan of the prices though. Plus, it offers so much stuff that I really don't need.

However, thanks for the idea!
    06-30-08 05:08 PM
    YouMail might work for this. I use it to play separate greetings based on who's calling; they might allow it based on hours too, but I haven't checked.
    06-30-08 05:28 PM
    They don't unfortunately. I use YouMail currently. I wish they had this feature.

06-30-08 05:33 PM
    Any new ideas?
    07-02-08 05:43 PM
    YouMail maybe?
    07-02-08 07:46 PM
    YouMail might work for this. I use it to play separate greetings based on who's calling; they might allow it based on hours too, but I haven't checked.
    YouMail maybe?
    They don't unfortunately. I use YouMail currently. I wish they had this feature.

Idea has been thrown out before. No go.
    07-02-08 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD