Is there an app for the 8530, or heck, the 8330, that one can use like Dragon Naturally Speaking to convert your voice message to an email for Gmail, or even texting a contact?
    05-19-10 09:45 AM
    Vlingo will convert voice to text. You can use it to create e-mails, SMS, calendar entries, even notes to yourself. Vlingo Pro lets you talk/convert into almost any input field as well.
    05-19-10 09:52 AM
    Thanks, fellow VOL, I hope!!

Reading the Vlingo site, the free app, will that one allow me to send emails and texts to other than those in my contact? WOuld be handy in the car to just hit a key and speak an email than type it, but not all the emails I receive are going to be contacts.
    05-19-10 10:25 AM
    I think the free version allows text messages and emails. I have the plus version and it works well. Just remember, your sentences have to be short. I was making the mistake of reciting long sentences before I stopped and they never came out well. When I kept my messages short and sweet, they were a lot more accurate.
    05-19-10 10:58 AM
    The free one worked when I sent it to a contact that had it, my daughter. Wife has a new 8530 and it would not work and sent her a message that said she had to download vlingo. It does work to call numbers, and search the internet and it read one email to me, but it would not reply to emails that had a contact that did not have it
    05-19-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD