Found this when looking around, downloaded it and am checking it out right now!

http://www.alk.com/blackberry/NA/Copilot_Java.jad

Go there from your BB Browser, and enjoy!

So far, its simple, easy and a very nice application!

Here's a link to check it out:
    CoPilot Live Blackberry Edition: ALK Technologies

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 05-14-08 at 06:18 PM.
    05-14-08 03:05 AM
    I have sprint navigation included in my SEP, so I'm sitting pretty good wit GPS

05-14-08 10:44 AM
    Cool... but will it talk to the GPS in Verizon phones? I've heard rumors that Verizon might unlock GPS, but i'm skeptical.
    05-14-08 10:47 AM
    I will be taking and posting some screenshots later today, i have used this application for a day or so, and its working FLAWLESS. I gotta say, this is great so far, and their trial is AWESOME!!!
    05-14-08 06:10 PM
    reserved for review
    05-14-08 06:11 PM
    reserved for screenshots
    05-14-08 06:11 PM
    this one too
    05-14-08 06:12 PM
    and 1 for good luck..
    05-14-08 06:12 PM
    only 4 screen shots per post..
    05-14-08 06:13 PM
    makes for a lot of posts
    05-14-08 06:13 PM
    to write a really good review
    05-14-08 06:14 PM
    I downloaded it on my coworkers 831 today when we were coming back from a meeting. Works great! Fullscreen maps too.

05-14-08 06:22 PM
    Won't work on my Verizon Pearl...Grrrrrr and Waaaa!!!!! I was able to listen and view the demo though. It looks pretty cool. Can't believe they give you a six-month trial. That's sweet. Wish Verizon would unlock the GPS. The app said No GPS Signal!!!
    05-14-08 06:59 PM
    CoPilot works on my unlocked 8800 with T-Mobile. I have the voice feature, however, activated to 'John', but directions continued to be played by a lady's voice? Any takes on this?
    05-15-08 01:49 AM
    Anybody get this working on an 8830? I can't get it to install.
    05-15-08 08:40 AM
    I loaded this up yesterday and have to say that, at least on my AT&T 8310, this is the fastest, smoothest running nav system I've seen to date. I think I've tried just about everything out there and this is the first thing I've seen that can give Telenav heartburn. I found it to be snappier then anything else I've tried (including Telenav) and the menu system is something you can actually use while driving without getting in a wreck. I'm going to use the heck out of their wonderfully generous trial period and if they stick to a one-time charge they will definitely get my business. In fact, if they gave me the option of purchasing it today I'd grab it quick before they could say "subscription" three times.
    05-15-08 10:07 AM
    Anybody get this working on an 8830? I can't get it to install.
    It installed fine on my 8830 but since installing my GPS stopped working all together. Tried uninstalling it and my GPS still doesn't work. So, I'll try a full reload eventually and give it another go tonight hopefully.
    05-15-08 11:14 AM
    I also downloaded this yesterday and changed the voice to "John" but I am still getting a voice of a lady with an englih accent. Not a big deal. As for working flawlessly, I found it is some what slow in redirecting. I hit a detour and it took several minutes for it to give me the directions. But all in all not too bad. The maps seem to be somewhat simple in that the roads shown are not named on the screen. But the voice command does seem to give you plenty of time to make lane changes if necessary and be prepared for turns. Great free app. I am curious as to what the cost will be once the free trialp period is over.
    05-15-08 11:54 AM
    I downloaded this to my 8130 pearl, and when I read further through, I realized I have to have a bluetooth gps receiver to make this work, but I'm not really sure why; I don't have one becasue I have GPS on this phone (that works - Alltel). Any thoughts on any way around this???
    Last edited by jmt; 05-15-08 at 12:42 PM.
    05-15-08 12:33 PM
    downloaded to my 8320 and installed, however, doesn't pair with my gps puck (flashing light on puck) and when I put an address in it will search for the address and come back with "no response from server". bb maps and google maps working fine
    05-15-08 12:35 PM
    I have an 8820 running 4.2.2.193 and checked their spec sheet. So far, it only seems to work for the 8800 model itself, but with none of the others in the 8800 Series. (i think the 8800 runs OS 4.1.)

I had this same issue with Garmin.
    05-15-08 01:49 PM
    While Co-Pilot's maps are astonishingly detailed, I still miss certain features, such as phone numbers and addresses related to various locations. With this specific GPS application, one only gets the distance (in miles) from starting point. Additionally, voice directions do not change in accordance to set preferences (I chose 'John', not a lady's voice); while this is not that big of a deal, the vocal directions themselves failed to stay consistent for the duration of a trip. Faster re-routing is an essential, too, as I have a bad sense of direction and need a tool to get back on track safely and quickly.

I'll be sticking with AT&T Navigator for now. However, if Co-Pilot's ALK creators choose to address aforementioned issues, then I would like to try this application again.
    05-15-08 03:47 PM
    It installed fine on my 8830 but since installing my GPS stopped working all together. Tried uninstalling it and my GPS still doesn't work. So, I'll try a full reload eventually and give it another go tonight hopefully.
    Actually I got this working today without doing anything. I was bored and opened it up and the GPS came up and it was all good.. A few hours later though it went back to a dead GPS. Not sure what is going on, hopefully I can do a full reload and make sure that isn't my phone.
    05-15-08 04:04 PM
    Found this thread from a little while back and someone mentioned it would be subscription based. DOH!!!!

Also, has anyone else noticed battery drain from this app?
    05-16-08 02:26 PM
    I'm having trouble downloading this OTA and online. It seems the site is not working? Does anybody else have this problem, and if not, can somebody who has it downloaded to their computer possibly shoot the trial my way?
    05-16-08 11:30 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD