...or is it really horrible at detecting/interpreting what you say?

I've never really used the voice dialing capabilities of my Bold until about a month ago after I received my first bluetooth headset. My experience was horrible as no matter how clearly I tried to speak the name, it would get it wrong about 70% of the time.

I thought it was the fault of my cheap bluetooth headset, but upon trying to use the voice dial without the bluetooth headset, I still experienced the same problem.

So is it just me, or do others feel this way about the voice dialing accuracy on their berries?
    12-03-09 02:08 PM
    I've never used voice dialing. I always delete it with every OS install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 03:03 PM
    I am a huge fan of Voice Activated Dialing. Works almost 100% of the time for me
    regardless of the method I use i.e BT headset, wired headset, no headset, visor
    mounted speakerphone, or car.
    12-03-09 03:13 PM
    I am a huge fan of Voice Activated Dialing. Works almost 100% of the time for me
    regardless of the method I use i.e BT headset, wired headset, no headset, visor
    mounted speakerphone, or car.
    You must talk like a robot, then. LOL
    12-03-09 03:15 PM
    I've never used voice dialing. I always delete it with every OS install.
    Same here, I've never even tried it...
    12-03-09 03:17 PM
    You must talk like a robot, then. LOL
    Very funny MisterB

Surprisingly when I first starting using it (8100) I tried speaking as mechanically
    as it did. Now I just speak in a normal voice at a normal speed and it just works.
    I can't imagine having a phone without it.
    12-03-09 03:20 PM
    I just use CrackMem to delete voice dialing. It's useless to me.
    12-03-09 03:48 PM
    I use it all the time and it works very well for me (without sounding like a robot).

I've actually used VAD for several years now, even back on my RAZR and prior cell phone - even before I had a bluetooth-enabled phone (using wired headsets). I guess I am just used to how they work and using them.

I also use Vlingo for texting and e-mails. In a pinch, I could probably also use it for voice dialing. Since it is supposed to learn as you speak more, it might become a better option in the future, if the native VAD doesn't "learn" how you speak.
    12-03-09 03:50 PM
    I now shrink it out of my OS now - as it works as bad as the OP states for me. I just don't get how people are getting it to work that well. I had to give up when I couldn't even get it to recognize my family members
    12-03-09 03:57 PM
    I have no use for it so I delete it when installing os.
    12-03-09 03:59 PM
    I now shrink it out of my OS now - as it works as bad as the OP states for me. I just don't get how people are getting it to work that well. I had to give up when I couldn't even get it to recognize my family members
    yea, I love the idea of it but for me it just seems to work really bad. I even tried changing some of the names in my phone to just one letter to see if I would have better luck finding it if I just said the letter.

I mean, at least I think my speech is normal
    12-03-09 06:37 PM
    ditto on no problems with it, it's accurate like 95% of the time, and the 5% it's not, it got it on the second try running down it's list of "did you say?..."

i use it frequently even, never have to unholster the phone - just hit the button the bluetooth headset and go...

it's great for driving, especially.
    12-03-09 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD