I cant believe I dont see more stuff from people about voice dialing their blackberry. I am new here and didnt read through all the forums but I would have expected it to be at the top of your software list.

Being able to dial and send email by voice is the best thing that ever happened to mine.
    04-05-07 08:02 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry! I guess for me, it's not at the top of my list, because I hardly ever use it. It is a great feature though. Feel free to start something about it, and maybe I'll be convinced to start using it more.
    04-05-07 09:47 AM
    As much as I love the Blackberry it is not that great as a plain phone. Especially when you add calling from the car at night. I do alot of my calling while I am in the car. I am one of those dangerous people. I love being able to say Call John Smith and not have to even look at my contact list. Plus I will admit to typing replies to email while driving. This way I simply say reply and talk in my responce.
    04-05-07 09:54 AM
    So what service are you using? I know that the new 8800 has the voice activated dialing, but are you saying it also has voice activated email to reply? What about creating a new message? Is this an additional service that you need to subscribe to? Thanks!

SEK
    05-09-07 11:11 PM
    The 8800 has an option to send a 'voice mms'. I've not played with it much, or with voice dialing for that matter...
    05-10-07 07:12 AM
    So what service are you using? I know that the new 8800 has the voice activated dialing, but are you saying it also has voice activated email to reply? What about creating a new message? Is this an additional service that you need to subscribe to? Thanks!

SEK
    Voice on the Go Launches Email by Voice For BlackBerry Users
    05-10-07 08:18 AM
    I use a product called mobile voice control. If you have a sprint/Nextel phone it adds 6 dollars a month to your bill. It lets you make calls send email create appointments all by voice. You can find it at mobilevoicecontrol.com
    Since i do alot of calling from the car it is well worth the 6 bucks to me.
    05-10-07 08:31 AM
    Thanks for the info. I knew about the Nextel/Sprint version, but I was unaware of the Voiceonthego.com. I went to that website, and I couldn't see anything about pricing.

Anyone using it care to share the costs for this service?

And I guess I am a little confused still yet about it, so does it send a voice mail to the person that you are replying to and not an actual email?
    05-10-07 08:36 AM
    I wonder if it works well with 'English" accents?

I had my in-laws BMW 735i for a week. Nearly everything is voice activated. But, most annoying for me, the bloody thing could hardly understand me, and my wife had to constantly say what I wanted, "Radio, 95.5", "Phone, dial 770..."- a pain, believe me...
    05-10-07 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD