At one time BlackBerry wouldn't touch you unless you had a service contract or a fat bank balance. TalkTalk have been pretty good to me though but the only downfall of a contract online is I don't get the 'standby' phone so I have to send the faulty one back and wait for the replacement. With a retailer like that of the Carphone Warehouse I get a standby phone, which is normally a cheap Samsung basic of the basics but it's a phone in the mean time and is only normally a day or so for a replacement from BlackBerry.

As far as I know at the time of getting my contract Apple and BlackBerry are the only companies that straight swap the phones and don't repair them because there are only a certain amount of authorised repair centres here. It may have changed now though as it's been some time since I have had to return a BlackBerry.
    dangerousfen likes this.
    05-30-14 05:36 PM
    How much worse can it get? Really wanted to upgrade to the Z30 but I am having second thoughts right now.
    Why second thoughts. I got one a few months ago. Since then, I personally know 4 people that got one, and another that got the Z10. I'm looking forward the my next BlackBerry.

BB Proud
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    05-30-14 05:53 PM
    OK Sonic, I get your message.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-30-14 06:00 PM
    Hey we all expect for you to post it when you upgrade and give us feedback on your thoughts. Remember will take 2 weeks to getting use to a whole new OS so be patient. And the most important thing after the update it is required to help at least 2 more people to make the upgrade.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.3175/3140
    05-30-14 06:33 PM
    This is very old news.. clearly you have not been in a Vodafone shop for close to a year.
    When I got my z30 in early December last year I had to rely on what the trusted folks said in their reviews and assessments on the forums here as there was none stocked in any Vodafone shops to physically check and get a feel of.
    So it has been a while now since they have removed blackberry stock from their shops but they still are available if you order online or on the telephone
    And rest assured I have NO regrets in choosing the z30...so far in my opinion the Best blackberry phone to date...and I also use a q10.....but z30 is THE ONE!
    LuisCast likes this.
    05-30-14 06:37 PM
    Hey we all expect for you to post it when you upgrade and give us feedback on your thoughts. Remember will take 2 weeks to getting use to a whole new OS so be patient. And the most important thing after the update it is required to help at least 2 more people to make the upgrade.

OK, will keep you up to date. I may also be asking for some assistance along the way.

05-30-14 06:38 PM
    We will be here to assist

05-30-14 07:16 PM
    This is very old news.. clearly you have not been in a Vodafone shop for close to a year.
    When I got my z30 in early December last year I had to rely on what the trusted folks said in their reviews and assessments on the forums here as there was none stocked in any Vodafone shops to physically check and get a feel of.
    So it has been a while now since they have removed blackberry stock from their shops but they still are available if you order online or on the telephone
    And rest assured I have NO regrets in choosing the z30...so far in my opinion the Best blackberry phone to date...and I also use a q10.....but z30 is THE ONE!
    Sorry Sir, but Vodafone in Kidderminster had all devices, legacy, Z's and Q's on display when I last visited in early April this year. Hence my disappointment when I checked in this week. Yes, I know they are still available on line or by phoning CS.

PS. Where the heck did you get that avatar from !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    05-30-14 07:21 PM
    If you take into consideration the usual fiasco of taking back / sending back a faulty phone to a network or online network outlet, and then consider the ease of dealing directly with Blackberry, it might not be a bad thing to buy direct....unlocked and able to change sims to suit signal and good tariff deals.
    The "ease of dealing directly with Blackberry"? Surely you jest. The words "ease" and "dealing directly with Blackberry" should never be seen together since dealing with Blackberry directly is:
    a) virtually impossible
    b) a nightmare when you do get to them directly
    05-31-14 07:13 AM
    They still show up on their website, but for how much longer, I dread to think.
    In Japan NTT DoCoMo (the sole carrier which once proudly distributed BlackBerry devices) stopped selling BlackBerry legacy OS devices a couple of years ago . . . poor BlackBerry users have been surviving by importing BB10 devices.
    05-31-14 07:43 AM
    Hi went into my local Carphone warehouse shop today to buy my Granddaughter a I phone 4s she had set her heart on one
    And it's her choice, and waiting to be served I had look around and there on display was a Z10/Z30 /Q5 all working
    Ready to try plus a real Q10 but not charged three out of four is not bad, so I could have bought a blackberry then,
    Did I buy one? No as I have Z10/Q5/Z30 since first day out, but am waiting for the Q20/ Classic to arrive
    Hopefully they will stock some when it's released. So will soldier on with Bold 9900 until November ?'
    06-01-14 09:41 AM
    Vodafone UK has always been a strong supporter of the Blackberry brand and, until very recently, had all devices on display in there UK outlets.

I was shocked this week to find that in two of my local stores, the displays have now been removed and was told by the rep that they will no longer carry BB as a stock item.

They still show up on their website, but for how much longer, I dread to think.

Great shame.

My local Vodafone still carries the Z30 in store; wonder how long that'll last?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 09:43 AM
    BB greed under Thornstunned ruined the brand forever. Stabbing loyal BB users/fans in the back and face with his greed.

The Z10 should have been 1/2 the price they gouged people at - instead of taking millions upon millions in a write-down of unsold inventory.

That is to say, if the price point were more intelligently set at what it would take to get people to rush out and get one (match the hype to customer value), then 1) BB would have had Millions of more users on their network to support the economies of scale needed to not only make it sustainable, but prosperous even (dare I say popular again too!); and 2) NOT have to thrown money away which they only took from the loyalists whom were gouged to put toward said write-down. That write-down was taken Off the Backs of BB users/fans.

Now look where BB is... (Warning: Objects in Mirror appear Closer than they are in running far behind you and the World as everyone else progresses forward.)

I've moved on. Looks like most others are too. Shame thou. Could have been Beautiful.

However, once again - Greed Breeds Mean Deeds.
    06-01-14 10:09 AM
    My local Vodafone still carries the Z30 in store; wonder how long that'll last?

Posted via CB10
    That's good to know Pete, but I checked out the Voda store in our next nearest town yesterday, they had none on display either. From what the rep was telling me it would seem that its a general directive from head office.

06-01-14 01:10 PM
39 12