Rumor Roundup: Prime Specs, Nokia's Sun and RIM's Future | TechnoBuffalo

I'm sharing this because they talk alot of rim,

And, It does seem plausible for Vodafone to acquire RIM in the uk. Since nearly everyone has a blackberry.

What do you think?
    10-08-11 07:20 AM
    This one has been kicking around for a few days now. It could be true but funnily enough, Vodafone are saying nothing.

We shall just have to wait and see what happens. RIM is currently very vulnerable right now with its low stock value and hoard of patents.
    10-08-11 07:25 AM
    Lolz never will happen!!!!!!! Vodafone is a carrier for god sakes. They don't have the power to run a phone company. It is an unethical and stupid move

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 09:09 AM
    Lolz never will happen!!!!!!! Vodafone is a carrier for god sakes. They don't have the power to run a phone company. It is an unethical and stupid move

Why wouldn't they have the power? All's they have to do is aquire the company..put in some of their own management team..and basically things would keep rolling along as far as everyday RIM employees would be concerned. How does this equate to unethical?
    10-08-11 09:13 AM
    Oops said it wrong..... What I meant was that they are getting money. Lots of it$ what's the point of getting more? Blackberry is popular. If they take it over then it may not have the same RIM affect.

10-08-11 09:19 AM
    People always want more money.

And yes..Blackberry is popular (though not what it used to be)..which makes it a great candidate for a takeover. While things might change..they might also change for the better. If someone comes in with new leadership and new ideas..it could very well breathe new life into the company. I'm not gung-** on Vodafone..but I'd be really excited if someone like Amazon got them.

With stocks at all time lows..investors want to make money. Only way I see that happening in the near future is a takeover. Even if QNX on handsets is a success..I think it'll be years before we see stock prices reflect that.
    10-08-11 09:26 AM
    People always want more money.

And yes..Blackberry is popular (though not what it used to be)..which makes it a great candidate for a takeover. While things might change..they might also change for the better. If someone comes in with new leadership and new ideas..it could very well breathe new life into the company. I'm not gung-** on Vodafone..but I'd be really excited if someone like Amazon got them.

With stocks at all time lows..investors want to make money. Only way I see that happening in the near future is a takeover. Even if QNX on handsets is a success..I think it'll be years before we see stock prices reflect that.
    Pretty true. I let you go on this one.

10-08-11 09:28 AM
    Do not forget that Vodafone actually own Verizon. Racal who are the mother company They are a very big player in worldwide telecommuniications indeed. They make a lot of UK defense electronics as well as owning a number of cell phone operators around the world.

Here's a 3 day old and very short article from Reuters tipping Vodafone for the takeover UPDATE 2-RIM jumps more than 12 pct on more takeover talk.

Where Reuters got their tip from, I have no idea.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-08-11 09:31 AM
    I don't believe this can be true (famous last words!) Vodafone's competitors would drop Blackberry like a hot potato if this happened and the value in RIM would be destroyed. Microsoft would be a more likely candidate, but they are doing the Windows Phone thing and prefer to separate hardware from software.

It's probably just a rumour!
    10-08-11 09:46 AM
    Reuters' sources are never correct.
    10-08-11 09:48 AM
    I really don't believe it.
    10-08-11 10:02 AM
    I wonder what will happen if they did
    10-08-11 10:32 AM
    I wonder what will happen if they did
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    10-08-11 11:35 AM
    The same company that enables Verizon's sub-human business practices? The first day I will put my Blackberry under the wheels of my Jeep and roll over that sucker.

MobileMadness002 got it right, "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!".

10-08-11 11:44 AM
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    ...We better start stacking up on canned food as well!
    10-08-11 11:48 AM
    Pretty true. I let you go on this one.
    You'll let him go because he's right; it's not like you're doing him a favor.
    10-08-11 11:57 AM
    Reuters' sources are never correct.
    What? I read them all the time and have made quite a bit of money by acting on their rumored market moves.

Well anyway, this is planet Earth and I am happy living here.
    10-08-11 01:09 PM
    What? I read them all the time and have made quite a bit of money by acting on their rumored market moves.

Well anyway, this is planet Earth and I am happy living here.
    Where are you from dude? You don't look like an Earthling...
    Pete6#WP and kbz1960 like this.
    10-08-11 01:15 PM
    Do not forget that Vodafone actually own Verizon. Racal who are the mother company They are a very big player in worldwide telecommuniications indeed. They make a lot of UK defense electronics as well as owning a number of cell phone operators around the world.

Here's a 3 day old and very short article from Reuters tipping Vodafone for the takeover UPDATE 2-RIM jumps more than 12 pct on more takeover talk.

Where Reuters got their tip from, I have no idea.
    I haver to for sure go along withthis as I was about to post my own thread that Vodaphone actually owns Verizon which could be a huge conflict of interest in may ways.

Open up your BB and look at your SIM and see whos name is on it, Not that it matters that much but goes to show you I agree with the statements 4Q2 made.
    10-08-11 05:46 PM
    I will be disgusted if Vodafail buys my beloved RIM and I think the Canadian Government should block it.
    10-09-11 04:23 AM
    Where are you from dude? You don't look like an Earthling...
    Nicely said. I should have remebered my own avatar before I wrote. Actually I am from BeetleJuice and was on vacation to Roswell when we had a vehicle failure. From there, I walked...

We do not have BlackBerrys where I came from and I think that they are quite literally the greatest phones in the known universe.
    10-09-11 05:03 AM
    I haver to for sure go along withthis as I was about to post my own thread that Vodaphone actually owns Verizon which could be a huge conflict of interest in may ways.

Open up your BB and look at your SIM and see whos name is on it, Not that it matters that much but goes to show you I agree with the statements 4Q2 made.
    I refrained from commenting upon the implications of Vodafone ownership since the theme of this thread was who and/or if, rather than what would happen should a takeover happen.

Since the subject has now come up, it seems to me that Vodafone/Verizon are in a very good position BUT, owning RIM would bring as many problems as advantages. How, for instance, wil Apple or Samsung feel about selling Vodafone/Verizion their phones when they know that they will almost certainly be discected by the RIM part of the organisation. Also, how will AT&T feel about buying phones from a rival carrier?

Quite frankly I would prefer that Microsoft bought RIM. The thought of BlackBerry hardware engineering coupled with a combo of WP7+QNX+RIM's security system sounds to me like a winner.
    10-09-11 05:10 AM
    ...We better start stacking up on canned food as well!
    Guns and liquor, friend, much more useful in the anarchy and mass societal breakdown that would ensue if Vodaphone bought them.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 10-09-11 at 07:15 AM.
    10-09-11 07:07 AM
    Nicely said. I should have remebered my own avatar before I wrote. Actually I am from BeetleJuice and was on vacation to Roswell when we had a vehicle failure. From there, I walked...

We do not have BlackBerrys where I came from and I think that they are quite literally the greatest phones in the known universe.
    Well, of course, but in most of the universe, telepathy has replaced cellphones making BBM rather difficult to install ...
    10-09-11 07:12 AM
    You'll let him go because he's right; it's not like you're doing him a favor.
    Hey man what did I do to you? Yea he is right. I aint gonna fight on it.

10-09-11 07:16 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD