Ok Crackberry thought that I would start a new thread on this since I found the reason for the gps hang on the storm2.
    If you deny vlingo permission to access location data it will fix your issue.
    Only problem with this is that Vlingo will not work with this denied.
    If you have a paid vlingo app like me send a email to support and tell them to fix it.
    If enough of us push them to fix it maybe they will get it done.

** to fix this issue downgrade vlingo to 4.5.2**
    ** You can get Vlingo 4.5.2 from MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Last edited by MrTruckincowboy; 09-08-10 at 07:34 PM.
    09-05-10 08:41 AM
    Couldn't you just turn location awareness off for vlingo? I don't have a problem on my S2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 07:10 AM
    i'm having the same issue with vlingo. when i have vlingo on my phone, it prevents any app using gps (vz navigator, blackberry maps, weatherbug) from connecting to obtain gps location information. i have been in contact with vlingo and they tried various setting changes including the location off setting. nothing seems to help with the conflict. i am very frustrated because i love vlingo and i also love my gps capability but they can't be used together currently on my phone.
    09-06-10 07:22 AM
    I'll email vlingo as well. Are there any temporary workarounds?

09-06-10 09:03 AM
    none yet. i just delete vlingo when i want to use a gps service. when i'm done with the gps service then i reload vlingo. i hope there is a fix soon.
    09-06-10 09:25 AM
    you dont need to delete it just go into options/applications/vlingo then edit permissions find location data and deny it reboot there you go just cant use vlingo but itll save you from delete install delete etc .
    09-06-10 10:22 AM
    I generally swear by Vlingo - used it extensively on my S1. Got it wired to my right convenience key as usual. About four months ago, after being just plain flaky, flat quit working altogether. Finally, a battery pull got it back on track.

You want grief ? In my truck, I bluetooth to my handsfree Motorola 505 and also play music thru a cassette on a wire. Calls come through, mostly. At times, the OS gets bent out of shape, almost as confused as I get. Everybody starts arguing and haggling over the Sound Sub System ownership.

Vlingo's voice recognition is better than the House facility, but Vlingo needs a lot more work - RIM should pick them up and inject $$ into this critical facility and more directly integrate it into the OS.

I had high hopes for this app, but it does not fully meet my expectations on my S2 and I still cannot launch the music I want to.

,,,Despite all this, I am continuing to use it to make most calls. Doctor Neutron
    09-06-10 10:44 AM
    I have vlingo plus (8 months at least) and have not encountered any GPS 'hanging' issues.

It has all the permissions it asked for at the time of install.

Having said that, looking at everyone that has posted in this thread... I am the only one with a 9520.

The only problem I have encountered is that vlingo can't quite grasp the Scottish accent!
    Last edited by kriptikchicken; 09-06-10 at 11:31 AM.
    09-06-10 11:28 AM
    I have vlingo plus (8 months at least) and have not encountered any GPS 'hanging' issues.

It has all the permissions it asked for at the time of install.

Having said that, looking at everyone that has posted in this thread... I am the only one with a 9520.

The only problem I have encountered is that vlingo can't quite grasp the Scottish accent!
    yeah sometimes i have to change the volume or bass of my voice to get it right.
    maybe it is a 9550 issue with the gps versus vlingo no sure on that.
    09-06-10 01:55 PM
    I have a s2 on verizon and I use vlingo. I also use berryweather with location on, google maps, bb maps and poynt and I've never had any gps issues.

09-06-10 02:40 PM
    I have a s2 on verizon and I use vlingo. I also use berryweather with location on, google maps, bb maps and poynt and I've never had any gps issues.

well sometimes same model phones act different not sure why yours would work fine and mine wouldn't yeah I have berryweather also use it while im driving truck to get the latest weather its awesome.
    09-06-10 08:50 PM
    This probably doesn't go here but as you are talking about Storm2 and Vlingo. I have Vlingo Plus and everything was great for about 8 month. Then out of the blue my media player started dropping the volume down to the point you almost couldn't hear. Using CB, found that it was Vlingo causing it. Removed Vlingo (as I use my media player more) and works great.
    09-07-10 08:57 AM
    kefoxy, I know what you are saying. I urge you to reinstall Vlingo and try again. Don't know what is going on for sure, but my is copacetic again. Maybe I just have a high pain threshold. Doctor Neutron
    09-07-10 10:36 AM
    I have used Vlingo Plus since late last year on my S2 with no such issues. Have used every update they have released since then as well. Google Maps and Poynt find my GPS location within 5 seconds every time.
    09-07-10 11:12 AM
    I have used Vlingo Plus since late last year on my S2 with no such issues. Have used every update they have released since then as well. Google Maps and Poynt find my GPS location within 5 seconds every time.
    do you use berryweather with the gps location ?
    09-07-10 06:57 PM
    So I was running Vlingo 4.5.2 with no problems. After updating to 4.5.4 today I began having the GPS issues. Disabling location data within Vlingo fixed the issue but Vlingo becomes useless. I uninstalled Vlingo and reverted back to 4.5.2 from a backup and the problem is gone. Ditch 4.5.4.
    09-08-10 01:51 AM
    So I was running Vlingo 4.5.2 with no problems. After updating to 4.5.4 today I began having the GPS issues. Disabling location data within Vlingo fixed the issue but Vlingo becomes useless. I uninstalled Vlingo and reverted back to 4.5.2 from a backup and the problem is gone. Ditch 4.5.4.
    can you link a copy of 4.5.2 so I can use it?
    upload to a file share of your choosing I would greatly appreciate.
    09-08-10 10:30 AM
    You can get Vlingo 4.5.2 from here

Use a program such as BBSAK 1.7 to install the cod. You can get this app from here
    09-08-10 11:50 AM
    kefoxy, I know what you are saying. I urge you to reinstall Vlingo and try again. Don't know what is going on for sure, but my is copacetic again. Maybe I just have a high pain threshold. Doctor Neutron
    Thanks Doc. I'm sure I will.
    09-08-10 12:22 PM

Use a program such as BBSAK 1.7 to install the cod. You can get this app from here
    you are the man thanks dude

worked great my BB is back to normal thanks
    Last edited by MrTruckincowboy; 09-08-10 at 07:28 PM.
    09-08-10 07:13 PM
    you are the man thanks dude

worked great my BB is back to normal thanks
    No problem

09-08-10 08:34 PM
    Is it necessary to remove 4.5.4 first or can you just install 4.5.2 over it? Thanks.
    09-09-10 07:11 AM

Is this version just for the Storm, or will this work for the Bold 9650?

I'm also having issues with Vlingo locking down my GPS when installed.
    Disabling "Location Awareness" as their customer support suggested causes issues.
    09-12-10 01:45 AM
    Yes, this is true, Vlingo is causing GPS based apps not to work on Storm 2. I had a VZW tech confirm this after a month of problems, and even PAYING for a replacement phone.

I removed Vlingo and now all GPS programs can find me inside my house...

Damn Vlingo!
    09-26-10 10:13 PM
    I installed Vlingo 4.5.2. I've had no GPS issues since. The current version 4.5.4 causes the GPS issues.

09-26-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD