Anybody using it yet? I just downloaded it, i hear its great
    06-25-08 09:40 AM
    ok got it installed, and working, im loving it so far, very accurate, even scans ur address book so it will recognize ur contacts when you want to txt someone without typing
    06-25-08 09:50 AM
    Will give a try later

Links for those interested
    vlingo

OTA download
    vlingo.com/getvlingo
    06-25-08 09:51 AM
    Had vlingo for an hour and as of now it is the best app I have on my BB. This thing is great!!! Have to check it out with my bluetooth, if that works...priceless!
    06-25-08 01:02 PM
    ^^ According to a very reputable source (who shall remain nameless, but it rhymes with "Chaz"), it does work with a BT headset. I had mixed results via BT, but I'll give it another go. Other than that, I agree - one of the better voice to text programs I've seen.
    06-25-08 01:05 PM
    I wish I could use it to just type text into any box I had selected. I would love to use it to chat with my instant messenger contacts.
    06-25-08 01:15 PM
    Anyone having problems on os 4.5?
    06-25-08 01:18 PM
    I downloaded it but when I try to use it, it says internet connection timed out. Anyone else having this problem?
    06-25-08 01:27 PM
    Newbie here..

Running 4.2.2.170 on a 8310 Curve.
    Keep getting message:
    Error starting vlingoforBlackBerry-en: Module
    'vlingoforBlackberry-en-3' attempts to access
    a secure API.
    Made sure all permissions were set to allow.
    Huh? Any Ideas?
    06-25-08 01:34 PM
    No offense, but isn't the point of texting to be quiet and/or discreet? Or if talking is close to impossible (like at a concert).
    I guess finding places would be helpful if you type really slowly... but I don't think this ap is for me.
    06-25-08 01:39 PM
    No offense, but isn't the point of texting to be quiet and/or discreet? Or if talking is close to impossible (like at a concert).
    I guess finding places would be helpful if you type really slowly... but I don't think this ap is for me.
    I will mostly help me text while driving. Don't have to be quiet at that time, but when I'm back and forth from home and school on the highway on the weekends, it can get dangerous dialing/texting.
    06-25-08 01:52 PM
    If i set all to allow, does this make it so i HAVE to use voice, or can i still text, and open apps the regular way too? Got it downloaded, but didnt know if it takes over everything if i ALLOW all. Anyone help?
    06-25-08 04:08 PM
    Very cool app! Everyone texts while driving even tho they shouldnt and this works great for that even searching the web wth it is cool. I just wish i could send blackberry messages with it
    06-25-08 04:17 PM
    Keep getting message:
    Error starting vlingoforBlackBerry_en: Module
    'vlingoforBlackberry_en-4' attempts to access
    a secure API.
    Any Ideas? help this sounds like a great app!
    06-25-08 04:19 PM
    I don't know if its just me but I've found the accuracy awful! Do you think it's because its programmed to recognise an American accent rather than a british one? Me and my mates have been in fits of laughter over some of the words its interpeted! Lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 04:19 PM
    This app is freakin awsome downloaded it this morning best voice program hands down! And its free!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 04:21 PM
    lynchhay.... i agree it will be amazing for while driving
    06-25-08 04:24 PM
    it would be great if it worked with 4.5
    06-25-08 04:28 PM
    did you guys OTA download?
    06-25-08 04:32 PM
    Keep getting message:
    Error starting vlingoforBlackBerry_en: Module
    'vlingoforBlackberry_en-4' attempts to access
    a secure API.
    Any Ideas? help this sounds like a great app!

I had the same problem. What you need to do is go to the Vlingo website and look at their troubleshooting faq. There is a solution on there. Basically you have to download onto your computer then load with apploader.

Look down a few posts - I added the link.
    Last edited by mestapho; 06-25-08 at 04:45 PM.
    06-25-08 04:32 PM
    did you guys OTA download?
    m.vlingo.com

yes, ota download
    06-25-08 04:37 PM
    it would be great if it worked with 4.5
    It does: I'm running 4.5.0.44 on an 8310. It will be much more useful after a few revisions.
    06-25-08 04:38 PM
    Hi guys,

just downloaded vlingo on my 8320 curve running .42 and its not letting me go past step 4 where it connects to the internet...
    ive checked my apn settings im with orange uk and its set to "orangeinternet" and that works fine for opera so i can't think what the problem is???
    also when i go in to settings and applications vlingo is in bold. had trouble finding answers for this everytime i associate bold with blackberry in searches the blackberry bold keeps popping up lol

Any help would be much appreciated
    06-25-08 04:40 PM
    When I try to run vlingo, I get the message "Error Starting vlingoforBlackberry_en module vlingoforblackberry_en_2 attempts to access a secure API".

This is a known problem. We are working on fixing it, but in the meantime we have a workaround that should get you going. The workaround is to download the sideload version of the application, and to install it using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The specific steps for doing this are:
    Determine the Operating System version of your BlackBerry. This can be determined by going to "Options" in your Applications folder, and choosing "About". The first entry will show your phone model and operating system version. For example, BlackBerry 8130 smartphone (CDMA) v4.3.0.60- in this case the operating system version is 4.3.
    Download the zip file below that corresponds to your BlackBerry OS:

BlackBerry OS 4.2.x: vlingoForBlackBerry_en_42.zip
    BlackBerry OS 4.3.x: vlingoForBlackBerry_en_43.zip
    Download the vlingo for BlackBerry application zip file for your operating system version and save it to your desktop.
    Extract the contents of the zip file, saving the contents to your desktop.
    Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Use a data cable to connect your BlackBerry to your computer. Wait for the Desktop Manager to indicate that the device has connected successfully.
    Open the "Application Loader" icon. The Application Loader Wizard will appear.
    Click Next.
    From the list of installed applications, click "Add..."
    From the file chooser, navigate to My Desktop, and select the .alx file that you downloaded from vlingo.
    Click Open.
    The new application is added to the list as "vlingo".
    Note: If you are running Desktop Manager version 4.2, you may see an error indicating there are no applications to install. If this happens, you will need to upgrade to version 4.3.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish.
    When you get "The loading operation was successful", click Close.
    Disconnect the BlackBerry from your computer.
    The Desktop Manager should now reboot your BlackBerry. If it doesn't, you should do this manually by removing and re-installing the battery.
    Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

At this point, your installation is complete. The next (and last) step before you start using vlingo is to go through the setup process on your BlackBerry:

From your BlackBerry Home screen, press the Menu button.
    Find the vlingo icon (a blue circle with a smaller white circle inside it) and click on it to begin the setup process.
    Follow the on-device instructions to complete the setup process.
    You're now ready to start using vlingo!

vlingo� Frequently Asked Questions

That should help. The 4.3 works on my 4.5.0.44 just fine.
    06-25-08 04:42 PM
    Hi guys,

just downloaded vlingo on my 8320 curve running .42 and its not letting me go past step 4 where it connects to the internet...
    ive checked my apn settings im with orange uk and its set to "orangeinternet" and that works fine for opera so i can't think what the problem is???
    also when i go in to settings and applications vlingo is in bold. had trouble finding answers for this everytime i associate bold with blackberry in searches the blackberry bold keeps popping up lol

Any help would be much appreciated
    Pretty sure Vlingo only works in North America right now.
    06-25-08 04:44 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD