I've been a BlackBerry user (abuser) for almost three years and honestly I don't gripe much about my Berry. However, the one issue that i have always had a problem with is the font size on apps developed for the BlackBerry. It just appears to be a total lack of understanding on the part of the developers that not everyone can read small fonts. I know that sometimes it's due to the limitations of the screen size but there are some cases where there could be an option to change the size it but they have negelected to give that option.

It appears that even the people here in CrackBerry land fail to address the issue as the CrackBerry Superstore app has the same problems that i mentioned.

I know there may not be many of us but the OS gives us the option to change the font size (the iPhone does not) so the phone itself is flexible.

It's tough world for the visually impaired when it comes to technology.
    04-14-10 01:52 PM
    I feel you, brother. Some people are just what they are.

You do have some options, though costly. Oratio Screen Reader for BlackBerry - HumanWare USA
    04-14-10 02:21 PM
    You know you can zoom any webpage by hitting the i button, then hit o to zoom out. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 05:30 PM
    IIRC there is a whole set of accessibility tools in the OS installation. I don't need it so I don't have it installed to check what is available but one friend with vision limitations found it successful last time we talked about it. Because it is implemented at OS level it should be available for all applications.
    04-14-10 05:37 PM
    That is quite an ironic thread title

04-14-10 05:41 PM
    I've been a BlackBerry user (abuser) for almost three years and honestly I don't gripe much about my Berry. However, the one issue that i have always had a problem with is the font size on apps developed for the BlackBerry. It just appears to be a total lack of understanding on the part of the developers that not everyone can read small fonts. I know that sometimes it's due to the limitations of the screen size but there are some cases where there could be an option to change the size it but they have negelected to give that option.

It appears that even the people here in CrackBerry land fail to address the issue as the CrackBerry Superstore app has the same problems that i mentioned.
    Iii
    I know there may not be many of us but the OS gives us the option to change the font size (the iPhone does not) so the phone itself is flexible.

It's tough world for the visually impaired when it comes to technology.
    I'm also visually impaired and was saddened by that linkedin was a snall font as well, as said below, one way around this is to use the web. I'm glad the blackberrys have adjustable fonts an at least facebook takes advantage of this. On thing I wanted to point out is though the iPhone isn't adjustable, it does provide system wide zooming. Also, about Oratio mentioned below, I think they charge to much for that. Apple includes voiceover for free, and mobile accessibility for android is only $95. While Oratio might be a nice app. I think us visually impaired bb users are getting screwed. Still adjustable fonts in the os is a nice feature

03-07-11 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD