Hi there,

I'll be going to Canada in a couple of days. I would like to use my BB while up there...make calls and send and receive BBM. Are there any other ways, besides changing my ATT plan to get service in Canada at a reasonable cost?

I was thinking if there a prepaid SIM card that I can use that has talk and data...is such a thing offered anywhere in Toronto

Thanks
    11-28-11 08:52 PM
    Im not even too sure if you can do that in Canada to be honest
    11-28-11 08:56 PM
    Rogers offers BIS and Prepaid but it honestly isn't cheap, it is cheaper to get a deal from the US than it is to buy a prepaid service up here in Canada
    uci2ci likes this.
    11-28-11 09:07 PM
    If you dont 100% need the voice minutes, it might be cheaper to get the international roaming from at&t (depending on how much data you use) I think its about $20 for something like 20mb, which should be sufficient on a BB

EDIT: Sorry I was totally wrong, found the plans for you! hope this helps!

Packages/Plans P
    Pay-Per-Use International Data Rates
    Connect to the Internet and email in more than 205 countries. $0.015/KB in Canada
    $0.0195/KB in the rest of the world None

All devices including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
    Must be added to an existing domestic data plan.

$24.99/mo 50 MB in over 100 select countries1
    Overage: $10/10 MB. Rate in additional countries: $0.0195/KB

$49.99/mo 125 MB in over 100 select countries1
    Overage: $10/10 MB. Rate in additional countries: $0.0195/KB
    Last edited by rayfabolous; 11-28-11 at 09:38 PM.
    uci2ci likes this.
    11-28-11 09:30 PM
    Rogers offers BIS and Prepaid but it honestly isn't cheap, it is cheaper to get a deal from the US than it is to buy a prepaid service up here in Canada
    can you direct me to a link where in can purchase or get more info on this?

cant find anything about on Rogers website
    11-28-11 10:11 PM
    If you are only in Canada for a few weeks just change your plan through your provider. Its cheaper that way. Also note that you can use wifi (hotel?) for BBM.
    11-28-11 10:39 PM
    You can visit Rogers website and see some plans here for prepaid.

If you are going to use your Blackberry outside of your country then get it unlocked so it can connect to other networks.

Then you can buy a pre-paid sim card of any local mobile carrier.. if they also offer pre-paid Blackberry plans then you can use data service such as BBM, just unlocked device with a regular sim card on prepaid will work for calls and SMS - it's a good way to save money on local calls with your unlocked Blackberry.
    uci2ci likes this.
    11-28-11 10:44 PM
    can you direct me to a link where in can purchase or get more info on this?

cant find anything about on Rogers website
    Rogers website sucks for linking
    http://www.rogers.com/web/content/wi...s?tab2_content

The data is not overly attractive priced.

as said previously getting an extended data plan with your carrier is usually far cheaper than buying data in Canada, only if you will be using a good amount of voice minutes is it worth unlocking your phone
    uci2ci likes this.
    11-29-11 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD