Hello Everyone,

I'll be up in Canada in a few weeks time and will be in Brampton. Does anyone know if there are visitor tours to Blackberry?
    I would love to get there. Will definitely spend some time Waterloo, but if there is an official tour, I would like to be a part of it.

Should have about 2-3 days free time and I can't come to Canada and not visit the Blackberry home.

....Oh and for what its worth, I bought 3 Z10's (NO PROBLEMS THUS FAR!!!) and converted an iphone user to Z10 today. He even had me call my account rep and ordered the phone through him.
    DawnMills likes this.
    07-03-13 08:13 PM
    I'm not sure, maybe email them.

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    07-03-13 09:55 PM
    It's a high-tech company with very tight security. The only visitors they let in are ones they have pre-screened, and only when they have real business to deal with at BlackBerry. I doubt they'd let you into the parking lot, much less one of the buildings.

The BlackBerry campus sits on the edge of the University of Waterloo campus (which I visit fairly frequently), and I've never been able to get even close to one of their buildings. I've interviewed students who have worked for BB, and they all have politely declined to tell me anything about what's in the works at BB. It's really no different from Microsoft, Apple or any other high tech company which are always under threat from competitive spying.
    07-04-13 12:06 AM
    I'm an ex-employee. The Network Operations Center (NOC) does do tours of its facility for outsiders, although usually this is for groups from customer or partner companies. And you have to make an appointment in advance. You can try asking the PR department about it.
    schmeat likes this.
    07-04-13 12:36 AM
    AL, don't really know what you are talking about as far as can't even get close. Most of their parking lots are fully accessable, even without gates. You can walk right upto and into the front doors. But that would be the end of the road for you.There are multiple buildings, some many KM's (or miles) apart but as far as I know, they have never done public tours. I have lived here all my life and have never seen the inside of any RIM (sorry, BBRY) building, except for job interviews (many moons ago).
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    07-04-13 12:58 PM
    You can walk into the entrance of any of the buildings. It's not walled or anything. Although to be honest, after going to the university of Waterloo for the past 4 years, the RIM campus isn't anything amazing. It's just a cluster of buildings. Quite un impressive in fact. Like most tech companies. Waterloo is a nice town though, you can check out st Jacobs as well there.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 02:14 PM