South Mississippi guy here, visiting Whistler, BC for a few days. I expected to see blackberry everywhere. So far none of the locals have BlackBerry phones, though they are familiar with BB. Isn't this the home of Blackberry, eh? ;-)
    RobertP1 likes this.
    06-16-18 09:49 AM
    South Mississippi guy here, visiting Whistler, BC for a few days. I expected to see blackberry everywhere. So far none of the locals have BlackBerry phones, though they are familiar with BB. Isn't this the home of Blackberry, eh? ;-)
    Not gonna see many BlackBerrys in Whistle dude.
    Last edited by conite; 06-16-18 at 10:32 AM.
    06-16-18 09:56 AM
    Not in a long time,

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/blackber...2017-1.1077991

The iPhone is what most Canadian smartphone owners use now,

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18...king-countries
    06-16-18 10:20 AM
    Mostly downtown Toronto in the financial district.
    06-16-18 10:26 AM
    If my Little hometown of Yorkton Saskatchewan has the full lineup, then I am suprised larger centres do not have them. This was at Sasktel BTW.

PS, Saskatchewan is twice the size of California but no one down there has heard of it

Qorax, Byrese and Sime0n_S like this.
    06-16-18 06:38 PM
    Outside of displays in carrier shops I don't see them. Since it came out I think I've seen one KEYone in the wild, on Bay Street naturally.
    06-16-18 07:40 PM
    You should have said hi! :-)

Bay and Wellington?
    06-16-18 07:46 PM
    Hop on a GO train in the Toronto region. Lots to see.
    06-16-18 07:48 PM
    You should have said hi! :-)

Bay and Wellington?
    Bloor.
    06-16-18 07:54 PM
    Outside of displays in carrier shops and Carjackd 's place. I don't see them. Since it came out I think I've seen one KEYone in the wild, on Bay Street naturally.
    FIFY

06-16-18 08:32 PM
    FIFY
    Oh you.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-16-18 08:36 PM
    Unfortunately, Whistler is a few hours west of Waterloo. You should have turned right at Moose Jaw. ;-)
    Carjackd and RaybanRJ like this.
    06-17-18 01:09 AM
    If I visit Canada I don't think I'll be spotting phones, much more interesting stuff to see.
    anon(9188202) and pdr733 like this.
    06-17-18 11:42 AM
    Contrary to popular belief, they are not a birthright handed out to everyone.
    06-17-18 12:45 PM
    I've been seeing quite a few KEYones all of a sudden in the financial distract of Toronto, and have noticed a fair few in Vancouver (GVA), Montreal and Ottawa on previous visits. Not sure Whistler is a VKB sort of place, to be honest. Haven't seen a Motion in the wild but then I haven't really been keeping an eye open for them and it's not like there's an awful lot to physically distinguish it from other slabs.
    06-17-18 02:43 PM
    I've been seeing quite a few KEYones all of a sudden in the financial distract of Toronto, and have noticed a fair few in Vancouver (GVA), Montreal and Ottawa on previous visits. Not sure Whistler is a VKB sort of place, to be honest. Haven't seen a Motion in the wild but then I haven't really been keeping an eye open for them and it's not like there's an awful lot to physically distinguish it from other slabs.
    To see Motions in the wild, it’s not the device that will physically distinguish itself but the owner actually does. Look for person furtively glancing around with a look of paranoia. If you approach them with questions about their device, you must carry a BB PKB clearly so you can be identified as friendly and not part of any shadow government.
    06-17-18 04:36 PM
    many thx to chen to eliminated chances for BB support in Canadian Gov. besides, the few groups favour BB are: (1) real estate agent - with crack down in Vancouver for foriegn owner tax, airbnb, stress test rate hike for morgage, - the transaction is down 20-30% right now... those chaps will hunck down in a hole rather than show off in Whistler. (2) finance chaps - Bay street, a bit far from Whistler as someone indicated. Also, the timing is wrong - sell in may go away... no need to carry a BB. (3) Whistler is not Canadian vacation spot - rather for Japanese, Chinese, or some rich US chaps (possibly including you ;-) to goof around, especially, with green buck so high nowadays. The locals usually hiking or camping somewhere else (where the fish swimming up stream and black bear fighting donuts with you... and night drop down to chilly single digit).
    instead of search for BB, I recommend to get few lobster - it is in season and on sale here (canada) for 7.99 per lb, steam included (not sure if trump is going to add tariff or not... for some reason, the labstor just pop up everywhere in Canada... rather than ship to US...).
    06-17-18 07:15 PM
    many thx to chen to eliminated chances for BB support in Canadian Gov.
    What an odd statement. So going bankrupt with BB10 would have been preferable? And would that have led to more government sales?
    06-17-18 07:42 PM
    What an odd statement. So going bankrupt with BB10 would have been preferable? And would that have led to more government sales?
    I just state the fact of current situation: - the gov brought wack of sammy and iphone recently. As for what "could be, would be, might be" alternatives, it is useless to speculate now... although personally, I believe take to private by Mike L lead team would produce BB handsets that gov would willing to buy (and support R&D like currently Gov support Mike L's quantum computing... the massive layoff of BB in such a short time didn't make Gov very happy I think).
    06-17-18 09:31 PM
    I just state the fact of current situation: - the gov brought wack of sammy and iphone recently. As for what "could be, would be, might be" alternatives, it is useless to speculate now... although personally, I believe take to private by Mike L lead team would produce BB handsets that gov would willing to buy (and support R&D like currently Gov support Mike L's quantum computing... the massive layoff of BB in such a short time didn't make Gov very happy I think).
    They had already decided to drop BB10 prior to the layoffs.

Mike and team didn't even put in a bid for BlackBerry, so why is that relevant?
    06-17-18 09:35 PM
    time line was everything... at time the book value of BB is 4 billion, lets just say firefax out foxed the other team with 1 billion debt offering within the time line. (just like current 86 million saperation package on the books for chen as deterrence for takeover... IMHO).
    06-17-18 10:06 PM
    I was in Montreal and the only Blacberry I saw was in a store.
    06-19-18 07:35 AM
    Go to Pearson International Airport in Toronto and you'll see plenty of BlackBerrys
    06-19-18 07:57 AM
    I'm at a fly in work site in Yukon. See several engineers with key 1 at lunch

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 08:22 AM
    If you see a Bell or Telus or Fido ect... you should be able to get one, there.
    06-21-18 10:07 AM
31 12