What would you do if this popped up while you were on FB? I closed FB. Any other suggestions?

Screenshot didn't post. Will try again
    03-19-17 08:51 AM
    Trying again. Basically, it said I had 4 viruses and my Dtek50 will die if I don't install their app.
    Attached Thumbnails Virus warning?-screenshot_20170319-094613.jpg  
    03-19-17 08:54 AM
    They are just stupid browser popups but they shouldnt be showing up when going to facebook. Come on, what site were you really on?
    03-19-17 09:13 AM
    That doesn't look like Facebook. My guess is its bogus. If you're worried about it, run the dtek app and see if anything comes up. But it looks like any one of those random pop-ups designed to make you install something.
    Uzi likes this.
    03-19-17 09:15 AM
    Just close your browser and clear the application data in settings.

So if you're using Chrome do the following:

Go to settings, Apps, Chrome, Force Stop

Then go to Storage, Clear Cache.
    03-19-17 09:26 AM
    Just close tab and move on lol
    Carjackd and BergerKing like this.
    03-19-17 09:35 AM
    They are just stupid browser popups but they shouldnt be showing up when going to facebook. Come on, what site were you really on?
    You are right. I clicked on a FB link. Bad me. I will clear my cache. Thanks all.
    03-19-17 10:01 AM
    Just close your browser and clear the application data in settings.

So if you're using Chrome do the following:

Go to settings, Apps, Chrome, Force Stop

Then go to Storage, Clear Cache.
    On Firefox, but can probably do the same thing.
    03-19-17 10:03 AM
    On Firefox, but can probably do the same thing.
    Or just close the tab.
    03-19-17 10:29 AM
    Trying again. Basically, it said I had 4 viruses and my Dtek50 will die if I don't install their app.
    You opened a little no in the FB in-app browser. You may just close it and ignore that pop up.
    03-19-17 11:00 AM
    You are right. I clicked on a FB link. Bad me. I will clear my cache. Thanks all.
    tons of crap like this happens from links of FB. Even with celeb accounts and stuff. They are being paid to publish stuff from crap sites that have shady practices. The internet is a bad place in general.
    03-19-17 11:02 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 01:37 AM
    Get a browser that blocks ads and popups. My lady had this problem all the time on her Android until I downloaded a better browser.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Uzi likes this.
    03-20-17 05:23 AM
    Get a browser that blocks ads and popups. My lady had this problem all the time on her Android until I downloaded a better browser.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Any recommendations?
    03-20-17 06:38 AM
    Any recommendations?
    DTEK60 or KEYone depending on your preference for VKB or PKB..

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 06:43 AM
    Any recommendations?
    I use Dolphin on my ipad. It works beautifully. There is an Android version, but I don't have an android device, although I would expect the same level of goodness. That would be my first choice.

I believe on her phone I installed Adblock Browser and she hasn't complained about those popups anymore.
    03-20-17 07:13 AM
    I've had that stupid message pop up while attempting to read various articles from my FB feed. They are attempting to get you to install software you most likely don't need, and are hoping you are gullible enough to do so. Personally, I wish there was a way to feed them middle finger emojis and pics of prolapsed rectums every 5 seconds for the next 250 years.
    03-20-17 10:38 AM
    Make note of the app name as well.... you know full well it's certainly scummy. Wouldn't want to install it later for lack of remembering the name and thinking it might be useful.
    03-20-17 11:20 AM
    I've had that stupid message pop up while attempting to read various articles from my FB feed. They are attempting to get you to install software you most likely don't need, and are hoping you are gullible enough to do so. Personally, I wish there was a way to feed them middle finger emojis and pics of prolapsed rectums every 5 seconds for the next 250 years.
    I don't get... it's illegal to go around and scam an old couple into replacing their roof. But to trick people into downloading software - that usually has a fee attached (usually for the removal of it)....

Think the App seller and the company that is feeding the "advertisement" should be just as guilty.
    jagrlover and BergerKing like this.
    03-20-17 11:36 AM
    LOL
    03-20-17 01:31 PM
    This is why I am always hesitant to even use FB, and I certainly use caution when clicking on a link within it.
    03-20-17 02:58 PM