On my Pearl 9100 3g, OS5:

Since a few days I'm getting some kind of low resolution game symbol set in my picture folder. There must be more than 100 of them. I deleted them yesterday, but they reappeared today (I rebooted today, maybe because of that).

The symbols seem to be out of a game, that I never had on my device.

I wonder if anyone else experienced anything like that.
    Last edited by WES51; 02-24-12 at 04:45 PM.
    02-24-12 03:06 PM
    any chance you can show us a screen shot or a picture of your screen so we can see.
    which folder are they in? (as in a subfolder if applicable)
    02-24-12 03:22 PM
    screenshot?
    02-24-12 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the subfolder hint. It helped for me to solve the puzzle. I did not realize that the "show pictures function" (the icon that you click to see pictures) is monitoring subfolders as well and I found the responsible subfolder.

Unfortunately I can't post images on this forum (forum tells me I have to have a min. of 10 posts). So I can only describe what was going on.

Indeed the icons came from a subfolder named EMOJI. This subfolder is within the Tapatalk (Tapatalk Appication, which I recently updated) folder, so it looks like Tapatalk (after the update) is responsible for creating the emoji folder.

After doing some more "research" I found that I can even exclude folders under the "show pictures function", so now everything is normal again.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the "false alarm". This thing really freaked me out.
    02-24-12 05:08 PM
    hey, its all good. I am glad to help.
    hopefully this can help others in the future
    02-24-12 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD