Dumb question - but does my Blackberry have any kind of Anti-virus software on it?

I got an e-mail sent to my Blackberry e-mail address today and I didn't recognize it so I forwarded it to my MSN account and when I looked at it on my PC, it said that the attachment had been deleted because it was a virus.

So, of course that got me to thinking about this - what protects my Blackberry from Viruses???

Thanks!
    01-30-08 12:01 PM
    Nothing to worry about on the BlackBerry! At present, they can't be infected...

Albeit, there are plenty of virus software applications for the BlackBerry...
    01-30-08 12:08 PM
    Awesome!

Why would anyone want the Windows O/S?

Thanks!!
    01-30-08 12:29 PM
    Nothing to worry about on the BlackBerry! At present, they can't be infected...

Albeit, there are plenty of virus software applications for the BlackBerry...
    What virus software applications are there for the BB? The only thing I've heard of is Flexispy -- a spying program, which is not really a virus.
    01-30-08 11:51 PM
    01-31-08 04:52 AM
    FlexiSpy is the only spyware program for the Blackberry afaik, and it has to be installed by someone. If your Blackberry was left unattended someone with access to it could install FlexiSpy, but it's not a free program, so someone would have to really want to spy on you to pay $$ for it.

The Blackberry is not vulnerable to exploits and malicious code that affect PCs. To date, there have been no known viruses or malware for the BB. Nothing can install on the Blackberry without user interaction.

It occurred to me later maybe when naviwilliams said
    beit, there are plenty of virus software applications for the BlackBerry...
    he meant anti-virus programs?

So far I've seen only a couple of anti-virus program for the BB but there may be others I don't know about. Many of the companies that make AV software for PCs also make AVs for mobile devices, but usually it's for Symbian and Windows Mobile devices only.
    01-31-08 07:49 PM
    there is virus protection for blackberry...smobilesystems.com...im putting it on my crackberry as i type...well, looks like its done...im off lol
    03-20-08 12:24 AM
    deeezzzam...when i tried to install from my SD card, i get that stupid "907 Invalid COD Unable To Import ZIP File" error...time to search for a solution, as OTA and/or Desktop Manager are not in my options for installing...most apps i install have a .jar .jad, multiple .cod files and .alx files...this has no jad file and i just had a thought, im wonder if a cod file is packed into the jad files of other programs i install??? just a thought...but i kinda doubt it...my blackberry knowledge is based on me sitting down for hours trying to explore every single aspect of my pearl and its OS...but anyway...if any1 knows of a solution, please post steps or link(s) thanks

-Kashief Out-
    03-20-08 01:22 AM
    you can not install from your sd card. try to do it ota or through the DM
    03-20-08 07:52 AM
    Any email received on BlackBerry is routed through BlackBerry Servers which have virus protection built in.

So the BlackBerry cannot be infected easily.
    03-20-08 08:25 AM
    There is no virus that has ever infected BlackBerrys, not to say at some point... But nothing as of now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-08 08:34 AM
    There is no virus that has ever infected BlackBerrys, not to say at some point... But nothing as of now.

Their was BBProxy..but thats even still a big debate.
    03-20-08 09:45 AM
    I am sure that the bigger we get on the radar the more people will try to infect the blackberry.

03-20-08 05:39 PM

One more reason to get a Blackberry and not a Windows OS
    03-20-08 06:08 PM
    I am sure that the bigger we get on the radar the more people will try to infect the blackberry.

03-20-08 10:56 PM
    Their was BBProxy..but thats even still a big debate.
    And it wasn't a virus.
    03-20-08 10:58 PM
    And it wasn't a virus.
    Yup, BBProxy is really a backdoor, not the same as a virus. From what I read, smobile's app is primarily for protection from BBProxy, esp. since there are no known viruses, trojans, exploits or other malware for the Blackberry at present. Now if you had a Windows Mobile or Symbian device, there are real threats for them and you would likely need an AV program.
    Last edited by suzicat; 03-21-08 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typo
    03-21-08 08:53 PM
    what if your blackberry is saying you may hava a virus. what do i do then.
    12-09-08 08:25 AM
    what if your blackberry is saying you may hava a virus. what do i do then.
    Hi Ace,

How is your BlackBerry saying you have a virus? Can you describe in detail what is happening?
    12-09-08 02:57 PM
    You might get a popup when surfing the web. I got hit with antivirus 2009. Thankfully the BB is superior to the windows OS and I was unaffected.

Although, I wouldn't mind writing a virus for the blackberry... Just to say there was one. I wouldn't use it. That's treachery and betrayal!

12-09-08 07:41 PM
    Ugh... antivirus 2009 is nasty stuff. Even if you wrote a virus for the BlackBerry, it wouldn't work.
    12-09-08 09:53 PM
    how would I be able to tell if this flexispy is loaded onto my bb?
    12-18-08 12:26 PM
    I can tell you from my experience the Curve 8530 can be infected with a Trojan Horse. I received a Text message from a business associate that said "(Voicemail) from John Smith(not real name) the subject line said +HI+". 2 weeks later between 1 AM and 4 AM my BB started sending spam to all people in my BB contact list.

12 hours later after numerous conversations with Verizon's level 2-Then Blackberry (RIM). The Desktop manager was removed and reinstalled (after numerous scans with Microsoft essentials and ad-aware-which showed no virus).

The device was wiped twice then the device software was removed and reinstalled and the rest of the time was spent resetting all the applications, settings, etc.

I believe it came from the named business associate who is not tech savvy. He forwards jokes and girlie pics in spite of my warnings not to open these attachments.

Anybody else want to weigh in on this?
    08-25-10 09:39 PM
    That's interesting. I've never heard of such things before. Waiting for more to be revealed.
    08-25-10 11:07 PM
    I have never gotten a virus or anything on my blackberry due to having ultra smart (almost TOO smart or psychic) spam filters in place. I don't use BES and I only use websites I trust.

08-26-10 05:06 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD